Is homosexuality a choice?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, May 1, 2009.

Is homosexuality a choice?

1. Nope, not a choice at all.

43 vote(s)
    60.6%
  2. Yes; I had to choose to be straight, they choose to be gay.

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. Yes, it's a choice- Although I never chose my own sexual orientation.

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Not sure.

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. Maybe.

But then I put to you this simple question.

What sexual activities are not instinctive, and why?

#31     May 1, 2009
  2. you pee or get erect when frightened?

you don't know shit about physiology.

why does your little peepee shrivel up in cold water. or when you are frightened?
    no one gets erect when they have to pee you idiot.

unless your a fag :D

#32     May 1, 2009
  3. Probably is a good word.

Show that u are a thinker.

Think on this.

Anything not autonomic to body is voluntary. We choose, consciously or unconsciously.

Shao Lin carries this ability to choose to an amazing level.

Sex in any of its forms is not autonomic, it is not necessary to survival of the individual.

Necessary to survival is defined as any activity that if not carried out by the organism will result in cessation of biological life functions.

#33     May 1, 2009
  4. U have not studied anatomy or the physiology of anatomy, and I will not do it for u.

Do some homework and then come back to class.

#34     May 1, 2009
  5. K BiLo,

U did ur homework.

Few people are aware today of the designation of homosexuality in the DSM III. I was gonna save that :0)

U sound like a libertarian. I completely agree that what u do is your business at the end of the day, and I do NOT want my tax dollars spent on pushing, or rejecting a SOCIAL position.

#35     May 1, 2009
  6. But in the case of homosexuality, no offense is being committed. These people want to live and let live. How am I, or anyone I care for, going to be effected, given the fact that it is not a choice, by their life style. What I mean is, if my son is homosexual then he is and will not be effected by heterosexual behaviors and vise versa.

If I am going to open the door to preventing these people from living their lives than I should open the door for others who think of single parents as a deviant to a good society and therefore should be stopped.

#36     May 1, 2009
  7. I think sexual orientation is, for all intents and purposes, autonomic. When I am in the proximity of a woman I find very attractive for whatever reason, and particularly when there is prolonged eye contact, I have a physiological response (respiratory and heart rate, etc.). There is nothing voluntary about it. I have no such physiological response in the presence of men.

#37     May 1, 2009
  8. Pavlov discussed in detail the reason for your physiologic response, Tdog.

You can be conditioned to this based on your early upbringing, and it is better than likely that u were pushed by your parents, society and peers towards a heterosexual response. Which u chose.

Another example of choice is term "attractive", which varies very widely on a global scale.

#38     May 1, 2009
  9. Correct. It merely suggests that god is not necessary. Enter Occam with his trusty razor.

#39     May 1, 2009
  10. What is offensive and what is not is based on the societal collective, and changes over time.

In Iran, homosexuality is extremely offensive, at this time,and this is taught from a very early age.

Conversely sex with a female without secondary sex characteristics has become offensive only recently, because we live longer now.

Ever heard the term, old enough to bleed, old enough to breed?

#40     May 1, 2009