Is Helicopter Ben Naked? Read Tomorrow's News Today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Apr 29, 2008.

1. I am making ton of money tomorrow if those who oppose biases are right. Usually I have an opinion what the Fed will do and how the market will react, etc.. But for some strage reason today I have no opinion whatsoever on what is going to happen tomorrow. Bring it on, Mr. Market!

#21     Apr 29, 2008
  2. #22     Apr 29, 2008
  3. Pachoo

Pachoo

The fed is cutting .25 tomorrow. Gartman believes so, and he is usually right about rate cut predictions.

#23     Apr 29, 2008
  4. Well he is wrong this time around, no Fed cut tomorrow and the market will rally

#24     Apr 29, 2008
  5. We're talking about Gentle Ben, right? He's so far either done what the market expects or reduced rates further. Historically speaking you may see an investment bank come out with 'surprise' losses and Bernanke comes to the rescue with 50 bps, nothing except a cut of 25 bps with an 'economy strengthening' statement or 0 bps with an 'economy surprisingly strengthening' statement.

Oh scrap the last one, it's ridiculous.

#25     Apr 29, 2008
  6. fed cuts 25 points, market surges higher

#26     Apr 29, 2008
  7. R U sure you have not been reading the charts upside down? :)

Also I hear that you would have voted three times for Bush if the law allowed him to run a third term. You are definitely unusual.

#27     Apr 29, 2008
  8. Based on market action so far, I'd have to say you're correct. Citi just announced the "surprise" loss via a 3b stock offering, after having said they didn't need any more capital.
    Meantime, gold has gone down way too fast. Which means once the Fed announces, it'll spike higher. Which means the dollar will go down. Which means stocks, in dollar terms anyway, will go up.

#28     Apr 30, 2008
  9. This part part of your "Which means stocks, in dollar terms anyway, will go up." I do not agree with

#29     Apr 30, 2008
  10. Look at the es technicals, the market is overbought and just waiting for a trigger to start reverse. We may have a sucker rally tomorrow if the fed outlook is positive but highly doubt es will break the 200MA before reversing in early may.

Fellas, in this meeting the fed's outlook language is much more important than the actual rate cut # of 0.25 vs 0.5 vs 0.

Good luck, there will be big moves tomorrow after 2:15, looking at last week's es daily candles and low volume, the spring is winded pretty tight ready to snap...

#30     Apr 30, 2008