Is Harris Sharpening His Knife???

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by FredBloggs, Sep 6, 2005.

1. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

yes - sorry, should have quoted.

although im not saying the markets are full of crooks, i think there is a lot more manipulation based on inside (not necessarily insidER) knowledge and position. this manipulation is of information and price.

some places are worse than others (eg ny futures markets - has anyone EVER had a good fill there??? :D)

some of this is 'legal' abuse of that position.

however, i do think electronic markets do help level the playing field somewhat - which is why i started this thread. the old edges of the floor must be replaced with something new. thought i may have discovered something, but maybe not!

fwiw: mark ritchie in his book 'god in the pits' discusses some of the more blatant methods of outright theft, manipulation, and other mischief that goes on. ROASO - lefevre also mentions stuff that still goes on.

#21     Sep 7, 2005
  2. :p

Nope, googled. Priceless episode. I will assume Brumfield = Scorpio when he buys the Broncos.

#22     Sep 7, 2005
  3. Yep, one of the best from Season 8, named "You only move twice"!
    Hank, what a guy! :D

PS. One of the opening lines still cracks me up "...Whats wrong with this country, can't anyone just walk down the road without being offered a job !?!"

#23     Sep 7, 2005