Is Grassley ready to abandon GOP?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, Sep 26, 2007.

1. "GOP Senator Says Bush Should Put Health Bill Before Policy Goal"
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/24/AR2007092401562.html
    "Grassley said if he were the Democrats, he would send the SCHIP expansion to a vote every three months, along with campaign advertisements accusing Republicans of abandoning children. That way, pressure would mount either on Bush to sign the bill or on House Republicans to override the veto."

Thanks for the good advice, Sen. Grassley!

2. Finally Bush stands up for fiscal sanity and instead of supporting him, cornballs like this Grassley attack him. If Grassley and his cronies were real republicans they would have the president's back and be out there explaining to voters why throwing hundreds of billions of dollars at a bogus issue isn't the right approach. This is yet another example of why we need a new party, since the republicans are utterly without principle. The democrats are dead wrong on policy, but at least they fight for their principles. They want socialized medicine, and they see this bill as a big step in that direction.

3. "The White House has argued that more people would benefit by creating new tax deductions to help families, including the uninsured, purchase private insurance coverage -- an idea that is decidedly unpopular among Democrats who control Congress."

I don't know about you (I'm self employed so I get the deduction) by I think it's obscene for Democrat's to force folks to pay for health with NET dollars. Christ, you can write off freakin' mortgage interest but you can't claim insurance premiums?

It's hard for the Democrat's to appear concerned about American's ability to procure health insurance with such a tax policy.