Is google the worst stock ever?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stock_trad3r, Mar 30, 2007.

1. yonglee

yonglee

You do it without thinking and go broke fast. Easy money...hey...:eek:

#11     Mar 30, 2007
  2. Google is a substantial company folks...over 10,000 employees. This isn't a garage operation anymore.

:D

#12     Mar 30, 2007
  3. *pop*

#13     Mar 30, 2007
  4. a 10:1 split would be beautiful. The psychology of mom and pop retail would drive this up to 60.00 in months.

#14     Mar 30, 2007
  5. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

GOOG is just a search engine, folks. Remember the hype surrounding YHOO back in the late 90s? Guess what - the same exact thing will happen to GOOG eventually, whether you like it or not.

Lets run down the facts:

GOOG has non-existant barriers to entry
    Trading at a PE of 46 - you are buying hype
    Trading at not 10, not 20, but 30 times EBITDA
    Technicals are abysmal
    Gigantic gap at 300 - 325 will get filled
    Insiders are dumping at a frantic pace
    VCs have bailed (look at John Doerr's insider sales)

Again, GOOG IS JUST A SEARCH ENGINE! NO TANGIBLES! TERRIBLE TECHNICALS! WHY WOULD YOU BUY SOMEONE ELSE'S GARBAGE!!

I give GOOG a price target of $130 - 140. I would be willing to buy at a $40 bil market cap.

#15     Mar 30, 2007
  6. I'll see who the next Q turns out. Maybe it will get the 8% pop like last year

Since the stock has been stagnant for the past 5 months perhaps the market won't have as high expectations for earnings.

#16     Mar 30, 2007
  7. They have some idiots at PR and IR and think they are too cool to do it the traditional Wall St way by giving guidance, etc.

#17     Mar 30, 2007
  8. Goog has said a lot of time it is not going to split
    at the last earning a friend of mine bought options when it was trading at 505
    he bought put strike 500 and made some good dope :)
    I think option a decent way to play google

#18     Mar 30, 2007
  9. Agree

Markets almost breakeven and google still red down .5%

I'f this fails i'll just put the money in spiders, diamonds, and QQQQ

#19     Mar 30, 2007
  10. Options are THE only way you should play this stock IMO. I am out at the moment but have made a decent bundle buying puts on rallies and shelling them out only days later.

#20     Mar 30, 2007