is google really worth $300-350 a share?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jasonjm, Jun 7, 2005.

1. history will repeat itself

#11     Jun 8, 2005
  2. Looks familiar...:)

#12     Jun 8, 2005
  3. No, it doesn't. Yahoo had a story. :p

Edit: Now on a serious side note; do I see it correctly that goog currently has a market cap of 84 BILLION $ ??
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=goog

#13     Jun 8, 2005
  4. 84 Billion $ for THIS???

===============

BUSINESS SUMMARY

Google, Inc. provides Web search and online advertising services on the Internet. It offers advertising solutions and global Internet search solutions through its Web site, and Intranet solutions via an enterprise search appliance. The company’s products and services include Google.com, Google AdWords, Google AdSense, and Google Search Appliance. Its Google AdWords program is used by advertisers to promote their products and services on the Web with targeted advertising. The company’s Google AdSense program is used by the third party Web sites to deliver ads relevant to the content on their sites. It also provides enterprise search appliances to search corporate systems through the Google Search Appliance. In addition, the company provides email services through Gmail, which offers a gigabyte of free storage for each user along with email search capabilities and relevant advertising. Google was co-founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin in 1998, and is headquartered in Mountain View, California.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=GOOG

#14     Jun 8, 2005
  5. Google is a short here. The thing is if you short it there will be a spike up on some silly news and you will cover at a loss convinced that it will keep going up. Only the most disciplined trader could profit from shorting google right now.

Maybe if you have $1,000,000 in your account short one lot. Put out a GTC order at 101.01 to buy. Google has no "real" assets and generated cash flow from a wasting intellectual asset with a value of $0 ten years from know. Just ask Michael Eisner how much Infoseek is worth now

#15     Jun 8, 2005
  6. The thing is there is so much 'good news' built into the stock already, I am yet to see a negative analyst comment about it (not that I personaly care what they say, but other investors/traders may). One or two negatives may knock it down, a peg or two.

I don't hold a position....yet :D

#16     Jun 8, 2005
  7. On April 18th, the June 230 Call on GOOG was selling for $1.45.

Today it's selling for $61.

$14,500 investment returned $610,000 in 2 months.

#17     Jun 8, 2005
  8. By the way, what typically happens on expiration day to a stock? GOOG's expiration day for options is next week.

#18     Jun 8, 2005
  9. Me thinks someone just popped a bubble.

:D

#19     Jun 8, 2005
  10. Aaron

Aaron

Stocks will be a somewhat more volatile than usual on higher volume, but there is no upward or downward bias that I am aware of.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#20     Jun 8, 2005