Is Goldman laughing at us?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Ghost of Cutten, May 18, 2010.

1. Everyone that believes GS has a risk free way of making money and has the game rigged is long GS because its a sure thing right??

Seems like I can hear the sound of crickets in the background.....LOL

I believe they have a license to print money (mostly because they are that good) and I also have a small long position because I don't care what anyone thinks of them as long as they make money.

I watched the Senate hearings and GS ate the senators lunch and proved very clearly (to me anyway) that they were still the smartest people in the room during the hearings.

As I write this the Finance bill is having trouble getting to a vote. I think if that fails the SEC thingy goes away too as that IMHO was more about getting the finance reform bill through than anything else. After all it appears that google adwords were bought before GS knew about the suit as I understand it. Actually I think the SEC thingy goes away either way as it's going to be IMHO hard to convince a jury that the people running the hedge funds that GS deals with are stupid people that need their hands held

#11     May 19, 2010
  2. Goldman Sach = GLOBAL CRIME CENTRE

It's worst than CRIME cuz they can't be prosecuted like a normal criminal.

They lie to their clients (yes, that includes the Greek's government).

They steal from their clients (buy on one end and short-sell on the other end).

They cause chaos.

Lastly, they pretend to be innocent.

#12     May 19, 2010
  3. Bob111

Bob111

#13     May 19, 2010
  4. It wasn't a serious post, so calm down.

Oh, and what's with the assumption I'm an unprofitable trader? Would you like to wager some money on that?

#14     May 19, 2010
  5. "Is Goldman laughing at us?"

yes

#15     May 19, 2010
  6. Calm down there big guy. Did I quote you in my post?

"You" can be used as a very generic term and if you couldn't tell, my post was wildly sarcastic.

Given the amount of GS bashing, HFT bashing, etc on ET, it's pretty clear that a TON of people on this site are simply seeking out a rationale for why they can't make money in the markets (again, just so we're clear, I'm not referring to anyone in particular, again it's a generic statement). It's human nature to attempt to find the source of their failure. Unfortunately, most don't look inward, they look outward. It's a prevailing view in our society today. "it's not my fault I burned my lap with some hot coffee, gotta sue McDonald's for serving it so hot"

#16     May 20, 2010
  7. Ok fair enough - it's easy to misunderstand things online.

#17     May 20, 2010
  8. Agreed.

#18     May 20, 2010