Is God mute?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Jul 2, 2015.

1. wjk

wjk

What if everyone lived by the 10 commandments, whether they believed in God or not? What would the world look like today? Can anyone explain what exactly it is that many in the left find offensive about them?

#41     Jul 2, 2015
  2. loyek590

loyek590

you must live down south, mine are still green, plenty of rain, not much sunlight. God already helped you. Last thing I remember Him doing was creating a big bang. That should be enough, don't you think? If you show him you can handle a Big Bang, then He will start talking to you. All He ever says to me is, "Loyek, don't do that."

No kidding, He's given me everything I could ever want. And some of the things He has given me I didn't even know I wanted. He is like the Steve Jobs of Heaven. And I know for damn sure it isn't karma. If He gave me what I deserved I would still be burning in Hell.

#42     Jul 2, 2015
  3. loyek590

loyek590

Everyone does live by the Ten Commandments, they just don't know it. All He said was, "If you live by these laws your society will survive." He left out the part, "And if you don't, your government and your personal life and your land will be really fucked up."

The only one you have to remember is Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbors Wife (or his ass for that matter.) The other nine are more or less superfluous.

#43     Jul 2, 2015
  4. loyek590

loyek590

at least one thing we can all agree on, and traders are very superstitious, Moslem, Jew, Christian or Buddhist we all Remember the Sabbath and Keep It Holy and close our markets by sundown Friday night.

(forex doesn't count, all us forex traders are godless money changers. The goyam talk about us in their book. The same one that says you shouldn't be homosexual.)

#44     Jul 2, 2015
  5. loyek590

loyek590

I became a Christian when I realized there was just no fucking way I could ever pay for all the sins I have committed, even if I lived for eternity. It was sort of like declaring spiritual bankruptcy. And after I was forgiven, I started forgiving others.

#45     Jul 2, 2015
  6. nitro

nitro

Well ok, let's list them and analyze them one by one:

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)
    1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
    2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
    3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
    4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
    5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
    6 “You shall not murder.
    7 “You shall not commit adultery.
    8 “You shall not steal.
    9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
    10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

1) So God is talking to just the Hebrews or in percent of population, something like 30 million Jews worldwide. That is 0.004% of the population. You take someone seriously that is interested in 0.004% of the population? That is waaaay worse than "we are the 99%"

2) God cares if I carve toys and pretend they are some sort of other God? Seriously? But hey, carve all the crosses and jewish stars you want!

3) I say Goddammit when I am pissed sometimes. No can do.

4) Hmmm, well, I don't know. What about the 90% of the world's population that live on a dollar a day? If they could work Sundays it might be the difference between eating and not. Let me see, God on one hand, eating on the other. God loses.

5) Well, I have nothing to say about this one. But the best way to hide a lie is between truths that everyone already follows anyway.

6) Seems like a good idea. But sheesh, religion and God have been responsible for a huge number of wars throughout history. I wonder if God really existed if he didn't wonder if maybe he should not have appeared to the farmers at all 2000 years ago. It would possibly have been less bloody.

7) Hmmm, the movement is for people to have multiple partners, with marriage soon becoming a thing of the past. Human beings are promiscuous. I am not saying it is a good or bad idea, just that it goes against biology. In fact, there is evidence that we are the descendant of one really horny guy, and if it were not for this guy we might not exist. In principle no objection. Not sure it works with modern human beings with access to "the pill" or human beings from that area. Be fruitful and multiply is probably biologically more sound principle.

8) Again, seems like a good idea in principle. In practice, I can think of lots of reasons that stealing could be the lesser of two evils.

9) Finally, one that I can't find even the slightest flaw in. This one is ROCK SOLID.

10 )Hmm, we constantly buy and sell homes in this country anyway. Back in biblical times people probably lived in the same hut forever. So, irrelevant. Covet someone else's wife? Well, there are tons of women in the world, see no reason why you should fixate on a married one. Seems reasonable. Male/Female servanst? So God condoned slavery? You are losing me. Most of my neighbors don't have ox or donkey. Maybe he means my neighbor's Lamborghini?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    #46     Jul 2, 2015
  7. loyek590

loyek590

Jesus is the way the truth and the light, and one of the best Jews who ever lived. Man, we could use a guy like that in the middle east right now. God is not mute. I am a child of God. If I'm talking He is talking. And the same goes for you.

#47     Jul 2, 2015
  8. loyek590

loyek590

law #2 was just god's way of saying we need a good education program. Ever noticed in illiterate countries, they have pictures of their candidates, because nobody can read. When was the last time you met an illiterate jew?

#48     Jul 2, 2015
  9. nitro

nitro

So the issue remains: why is God mute? And yet, all these guys that quote him pretend that God is standing next to him.

#49     Jul 2, 2015
  10. loyek590

loyek590

otherwise, sounds like you are not pissed at me or jews or christians, but rather you are still pissed at the priests and nuns who you feared and believed. And you will always be pissed until you ask for forgiveness for your own self. Once you receive that, it's like getting a new stash for a blown up account. And then you can start making money, or forgiving, or doing anything the now Speaking Unmute God inspires you to do.

Like He said to me, "For crying out loud! I gave you the Big Bang! What more do you want? Figure that out, and I will speak to you again."

#50     Jul 2, 2015