Is global warming a sign of mental weakness?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Mar 14, 2010.

1. #31     Mar 17, 2010
  2. #32     Mar 17, 2010
  3. It's beyond your words - because you have nothing to say and wouldn't be able to articulate it even if you did have something to say.

Every national science academy and scientific society or association of international standing that have a public stated position on AGW have affirmed that the world is indeed warming and humans are responsible. No major scientific organization disputes AGW.

It is grasping at the ridiculous to suggest that they are all victims of groupthink, while fringe denialist bloggers and newspaper columnists who have published no scientific papers are free thinkers that have exposed the conspiracy.

The science of climate change goes back for more than a century and has stood the test of time. It will still be here long after the junk peddled by conspiracy nutters is no more than a historical footnote.

#33     Mar 18, 2010
  4. 2010 mean global temperature from satellite observation. 2010 is the orange line. Other lines are for each year in the last decade or so

[​IMG]

You can generate your own charts here:

http://discover.itsc.uah.edu/amsutemps/

This satellite temperature record is assembled by Dr Roy Spencer - one of the few genuine skeptics. Facts are facts and the world is warming.

#34     Mar 18, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Good, I don't snow ski, I don't particularly like cold weather and I live nowhere near the coast.

#35     Mar 18, 2010
  6. 1* warmer each year huh,:eek:

Welcome to Venus.

#36     Mar 18, 2010
  7. Is that what the satellite temperature record says? Obviously not. Is the record saying that this year could well be the hottest on record - yes it is. So why do you feel the need to concoct nonsense straw men in your posts?

#37     Mar 18, 2010
  8. Of course not, recorded temperatures only reveal the past not the future.

Better question is why do AGW fanatics skew their projections to construct nonsense predictions?

#38     Mar 18, 2010