Is German quality real?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ivanbaj, Oct 26, 2010.

1. It's been a year since I had the regular subscription. They just used repair reports I believe. The more reports the less reliable. I don't know if there was a weighting. My old book is around, found it. It was 09 and the used car ratings were 02-07. Just checked surveys on go out to CR subscribers, hmm not so objective, but 1.3 million sent and received back, surveys.

#11     Oct 26, 2010
  2. Buicks always look like grandpa cars, now pontiac that's a decent look

#12     Oct 26, 2010
  3. Bob111

Bob111

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1BS7R2ZSYH5TVFE57EH1

approved for MB. no need to "reset" anything. it's BS anyway..it will provide DC in supply mode,when you changing the battery. and i'm sure they have something similar at your dealership..AUX battery cost about $40 at sears,main-$89 at BJ(good as original varta)
    aux at dealership will cost you 140-180, main-180 and up(for MB)
    changing the brakes is exactly same simple procedure as on any other car. just have to be careful with sensors. or just short the old ones :)

MB typically charge 150$ for an hour,that's why i prefer to do most of the maintenance by myself.

#13     Oct 26, 2010
  4. Eileen H

Eileen H

Well, I think market acceptance is very important.

#14     Oct 26, 2010
  5. piezoe

piezoe

Thanks.

#15     Oct 27, 2010
  6. "Chevy, GM's chief brand, scored 83% average or better, up from just 50% last year -- topping German luxury brands Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL This, the joke of the day. Thanx for the find! :D

#16     Oct 27, 2010
  7. I had a Mercedes and a BMW in the past, both had serious electrical and engine problems. A lot of planned obsolecense. Even windshield wipers had motor problems. Ended up paying the car price twice. I am not a customer any longer.

#17     Oct 27, 2010
  8. My family and I have had 5 BMW's over the years, on 3 we put 200k miles each on them. Never had a major problem.

#18     Oct 27, 2010
  9. Bob111

Bob111

i believe that the quality maintenance of the car is the key. OEM parts and fluids are a must. you simply can't substitute MB's antifreeze with anything aftermarket. the manual says-it should be periodically checked and replaced after 15 years. yes, 15 years.
    you go to some indy shop,they will insist, that the flush is need it every 5 years or so...then they will flush the system with some shitty aftermarket stuff and you are going to have a major engine problem pretty soon. majority of indy shops are clueless when it comes to german cars.

#19     Oct 27, 2010