IS GEORGE W. BUSH stupid?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by killthesunshine, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Mick Jagger? :D

#31     Nov 9, 2009
  2. dsq

dsq

They have no means of entering your 'yard' if you have a proper fence.
    More importantly,if they have no means of coming to your 'front yard' why spend trillions of dollars and thousands of lives going to theirs?Again what mid east army,navy or airforce are coming to your front yard?
    There is no logic to your argument.Its an idiotic strategy.

#32     Nov 9, 2009
  3. Wallet

Wallet

I'll all in favor of making the fence bigger. And yes, I think the last big Middle Eastern Army was taken out in the Gulf War, so no there's no big ME army, navy airforce coming to my front yard, instead it's the crazy fanatic with bombs strapped to himself at a shopping mall, or God forbid someone gets their hands on a stolen nuke and brings it into one of our ports. So, take your "they can't do us any harm" bullshit somewhere else - there's people out that would if they could -- and our people are over there making sure they can't do it.

So Sorry if that pisses you off.

Cry me a river, Ella Fitzgerald
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XggjVo3j-o

#33     Nov 9, 2009
  4. But what did we do to them that got them so pissed off at us?

#34     Nov 9, 2009
  5. 151

The reason you have never had a good answer to your question is because the question is invalid.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why common people like us refuse to admit our country is in the middle of a religious/ideological war.

I know I know the USA believes in freedom of religion and we do not fight religious wars.

Bull Shit.

The fact is yes we believe in freedom of religion, they do not.

Iraq was the perfect spot for us to fight this war because we had been there before, there was the easy to use excuse of a tyrannical leader (there are far worse leaders out in the world that we have never considered going to war over) and the location is perfect for the enemy to come fight us. Hell at this point we are using Iraqi troops to fight for us.

Its a religious war that is or isn't necessary to protect our way of living.

Just don't say it out loud.

#35     Nov 9, 2009
    #36     Nov 9, 2009
  7. You should be a bit more creative. If you think by quoting me you are embarassing me you are sadly mistaken.

Certain southern states warned during the election of 1860 that if Lincoln was elected they would secede. Lincoln got elected, they seceded. i.e they did not recognize him as a legitimate ruler. When Lincoln called up troops, more states seceded. If you go by the "compact" theory that Jefferson advocated, you are forced to the conclusion that if the states joined the union out of free will, they have a right to come out of it. Lincoln was right to do what he did out of "ends justify the means" and by realizing that having the confederacy on the southern border of the USA will permanently endanger the republic (and handicap it as well since most of the agriculture was concentrated there)

But you can't justify what lincoln did if you believe that the states should have the freedom to enter and come out of unions for their benefit. The union did not serve the interests of the slave owning southern states and they seceded. Lincoln used military force to bring them back in line. How is that different on a fundamental level than taking out shiites who a trying to destabilize your country? It is not.

#37     Nov 9, 2009
  8. Wallet

Wallet

The concept of fighting a war on foreign soil to keep it out of yours is beyond the comprehension of most here.

#38     Nov 9, 2009
    #39     Nov 9, 2009
  10. dsq

dsq

how can they come here with bombs genius?our airports and other points of are their only way in and that is the easiest,cheapest and most effective way of keeping terrorists out.Your analogy and logic is and wasteful.Almost like saying you dont want a gangbanger robbing etc your house so you go into their neighborhood and try to hunt down each gangbanger all the while leaving your front door wide open while your pursuing them.
    Seriously i think most conservatives must be high school dropouts.Really primitive and stunted logic.

#40     Nov 9, 2009