Is Genesis Hiding Something

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Cre8UrF8, Aug 7, 2007.

1. I am referring to this website www.gndt.com/logon

I apologize for the inference.

#11     Aug 7, 2007
  2. i dont use that site to log in. i use the one i posted above. i forwarded this thread to my sales rep at genesis and they told me that the site you meniton should be up. they also told me that they are in fact growing and are in absolutely no danger of going anywhere. not that this means anything but they have also taken some new office space on broad street and that is usually not a sign that things are not going well.

that being said i am sorry that you are having a bad experience with them. i hope things work out in the future.

#12     Aug 8, 2007

3. It is funny that the sales rep would blatantly lie to you, especially when you can just click on the link yourself and see that the website obviously isn't working and hasn't been for more than a week. Especially since that rep has been fielding calls every day for more than a week from people asking why the website is down. And the different reps are giving different excuses or no excuses everyday and saying they have no idea when it will be back up? What's the name of the rep you deal with?

#13     Aug 8, 2007
  4. gam1111

gam1111

What's the end result?

Is Genesis a bad firm ( potentially with financial problems) or

just a bare bones economical trading firm?

#14     Aug 20, 2007
  5. No Genesis is ok. Glen Allen works with them. Everything is fine. I talked to the rep a few weeks ago and they had a server go down for the log-in site. He said it would be back up and it was. Worst case...just email GNDT and they'll email you a P&L report.

As far as the platform, I have had a few lags, but I've had the same thing happen with Strategy Runner when i was with Global Futures. Just part of the game IMO.

#15     Aug 20, 2007