Is Fx trading the hardest instrument?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ForexPro, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have just starting trading fx, but it seems to be a lot more difficult than trading shares/commodities as the focus seems to shift from interest rate differentials to budget problems, it is hard to gauge.
    I would like to hear from any seasoned traders of forex for their opinions and how long, if at all, it took to become profitable?

Thanks in Advance.

2. Hard as 24 hours a day

3. I feel you have a better chance to make very good money in forex, however, you also have a much better chance of losing it all.

Forex is like the ice age right now. Everyone is in it. Many will not survive and only the strong will live through it. :D

4. Kastro, what do you think will happen to USD/CAD?

5. Trading is trading. Its a question of learning whichever market you are trading better than most of your competitors. I havent traded currencies but I suspect that there is some FIERCE competion out there.

6. I feel the downtrend is over. I am long right now, but my stops are tight.

7. The Canadian news is all over the CAD, one guy says USD/CAD at par within 24 months.

8. That would be bad news for us (Canadians). Our logging industry would undoutably suffer given that 50% of out logs are exported.

9. I think that Forex at 200:1 leverage is very similiar to buying ATM options. Forex might have a little more punch though.

You have to watch your stops in Forex though, very easy to get stopped out early.

10. That killed me in the beginning. Now one of the most important aspects of my risk management plan, is my stops :)

#10     Dec 14, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.