Is FuturesBroker.com legitimate?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by lianjieman, Sep 11, 2009.

1. I just found out their posted commission rate is for ES only. I never expected that they would charge more on NQ than ES. NQ and ES are in the same category. NQ is smaller contract than ES. Common logic would let traders think commission on NQ should not exceed that of ES. Although they only specified commission rate for ES on their website, it seems to be dishonest to charge more on a smaller contract simply because they didn’t point that out clearly on their website. I am very disappointed! So please be aware of this before you jump on the boat.

#21     Nov 3, 2009
  2. They are the same people from Velocity Futures. They are very sneaky and play trick on you. I wouldn't feel comfortable to put money with these kind of people. BTW, what kind of commission they charge you on NQ? just curious.

#22     Nov 4, 2009
  3. the best people at velocity are liars. the worst are thieves. believe me, better to trade with someone else.

#23     Nov 4, 2009
  4. They charge 4.80 R/T on NQ. Considering their lousy platform and services. I feel so cheated and violated.:D

#24     Nov 4, 2009
  5. Are you kidding? 4.80 R/T on NQ for those over the counter generic platforms they use? You are duped! BTW, which platform are you using?

#25     Nov 4, 2009
  6. I tried Strategy Runner first and found out that it always opens few minutes after market opens and close few minutes before market closes. It always delay 1.5 hours on Sunday’s open and always miss 5 to 5:30pm globex hours. Start to try XTrader this week and found out that its data often delays up to 10 minutes. XTrader people told me that’s because I use Vista machine which is not compatible. Now I have to try it on my old XP machine and see how it works. Ninja Trader does not support night session. The rest free trading platforms are very primitive. It’s a joke! Now I found out they play game on commission. I have these jokes up to my neck now and will look for another broker as soon as I get some free time.

#26     Nov 5, 2009
  7. Is there any further development to your endeavor? And did you find another broker?

#27     Jan 3, 2010
  8. I have been using futuresbroker for a few months with X_trader and have had no problems with them.

#28     Jan 3, 2010
  9. DOESNT REFLECT VERY WELL ON VELOCITY FUTURES??? are both of these firms weasels?????

#29     Jan 3, 2010
  10. I temporary solved the latency problem by restarting TT Messaging service once the latency happens. XTrader seems to be written with old technology and not as well designed as some platforms owned by some brokerage firms. I don’t think the commission rate for XTrader is a good deal considering it only lets you access one exchange at one time. I haven’t spent much time to look for another broker. Zumo seems to give good commission rate. But they do not have the feature for customers to download past fill records. It’s odd they are not able to add such an easy feature to attract more customers.

#30     Jan 4, 2010