is fundamental analysis bullshit?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by cole_, Jan 26, 2018.

1. tomorton

tomorton

I agree, and for this as a long-term trader reason find it unnecessary - unhelpful even - to follow forex news events. If price moves I react (or my stops do), it doesn't matter why price moved.

#11     Jan 26, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  2. but there`s only one that`s correct;)

#12     Jan 26, 2018
  3. Handle123

Handle123

"is fundamental analysis bullshit?"

Another way for Pro's to taken easy monies from the unknowledgeable newbies or huge Hedge funds who not going to get out on just a report.

I have automated several patterns I have discovered and system just waits for next news releases, don't matter whether positive or negative 5.5 days a week.

Any market gets affected by either all or limited reports.

#13     Jan 26, 2018
    beginner66 and themickey like this.
  4. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Fundamental analysis is BS when it is all about "ideas" you read here and there. There ain't no free lunch, so you need to dig quite deeper than the average joe. Let me remind you that the biggest trade ever, short subprimes, was purely based on fundamentals.
    That being said, it is quite easier to make a living with TA rather than fundamentals. You can swing, daytrade, go in and out, take your profits, pyramidize, protect your gains with TA.
    You can't with fundamental analysis and should have a buy & hold approach, time and a solid capital. And when you are wrong... generally you already lost a lot before understanding your mistake. Big guys like Warren Buffett, Soros... are elephant in the room so even if they are wrong, this is not a big deal. For others... game over.

CM

#14     Jan 26, 2018
    cole_ and themickey like this.
  5. heispark

heispark

You won't never be able to find the answer....... :rolleyes:

#15     Jan 26, 2018
  6. Xela

Xela

It's quite a big and complicated subject, on which there are always several viewpoints.

For you, I don't think the news will really be useful: TA is almost certainly the way to go.

[I don't mean any disparagement at all, by saying "for you", I hasten to add: I thought the same "for me", all the years I was trading forex, too. I agree fully with Tom's post, above.]

#16     Jan 26, 2018
  7. Nothing is completely, flat-out, useless bullshit;

Everything is a dynamic, malleable, small collective piece of the jigsaw puzzle, or consideration, within the greater decision making process,
    Free Your Mind. :cool:

#17     Jan 26, 2018
    themickey likes this.
  8. qxr1011

qxr1011

fundamental analysis is not a bullshit, but imho it applies to investing (not to trading) and should be part of investment method

on the other side staring on the chart like a stuck pig also does not work - one have to develope a trading method to properly read charts

#18     Jan 26, 2018
  9. themickey

themickey

In trading, F/A is helpful in the selection of what you are trading.

#19     Jan 26, 2018
  10. syniczfx

syniczfx

I would argue on the contrary, that FA is a neccessary to trade well. TA on the other hand is not grounded on much other than the assumption that past prices are indicative of future performance.

I think OP have a misconception of FA. It isnt just news releases...

FA is like being a detective... You collect the evidence(data, news events, reports), and try to piece together a plot(what has happened & what is likely to happen next) and try to determine whether one is guilty or innocent (Long or short).

In short, FA is basically making educated guesses.

#20     Jan 26, 2018