Is Forex trading a game? ( maybe you could give me better answers )

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Passer's_Son, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Hey,

I know some people trade with X400 leverage, can it still be called trading?

While most traders can tell you their prediction if the USD/EUR will reach 1.5 or 1.3 in the upcoming weeks, I believe no trader can tell if during the process and fluctuations it won't drop 1/400 ( 0.0025% ) and close your positions due to full stop loss.

I think there is absolutely no way to present that as analytical trading with such leverage, and that it turns trading into a game.

I'd love if someone that trades with X400 could explain the reason behind it to me.

Thanks,

Alex

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

3. bendror

bendror

Where do you get your 1/400 ?:confused:

4. sim03

sim03

0.0025% is not 1/400. 0.25% is 1/400.

5. Surdo

Surdo

Are you sure you are not referring to EUR/USD?

6. Thank you, sim03.

1/400 = 0.0025 or 0.25%

naturally the % shouldn't have been there .
    typing mistake, it happens. ( I think everybody else understood that for themselves... )

and also thank you surdo, you are obviously correct too.

I tried to fix it, but it was too late when I spotted it so I couldn't.

now that we got that out of the way, do you have anything tasteful to add or do you just walk around the forum correcting other people's spelling mistakes?

7. Surdo

Surdo

This is a forum for traders and wanna be traders, not high school kids writing a term paper.

You wanna talk about Fx at least learn the pairs and leverage.
    Try the FXCM website, you might learn something.

8. Jama_cloy

Jama_cloy

I think he has a point, when you get into a discussion you better make sure you know what you're talking about.

Still, I think some proper trading explanation would be nice so here's a little info ( I hope serdo won't be angry with me for trying to teach you forex basics... )

When trading you need to determine the risk you want to take, for example if you're willing to risk $10,000 with no leverage, your position is $10,000.
    if you're using a X100 leverage your position should be $100, because with leverage you trade as if you were trading with $10,000.

Leverage is an important and helpful tool if you know how to use it, I use X400 leverage sometimes for scalping it it's proved to be quite useful.

Hope my Forex intro helped a little