Is forex.com a scam?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by AyeYo, Aug 13, 2009.

1. PFG, Currenex platform, 40k units. $80000-100000 account size, executes against Prime liquidiy provider.

The Ever FYI VIPER

#21     Oct 31, 2009
  2. #22     Nov 5, 2009
  3. 322170

PFG, Currenex platform, 40k units. $80000-100000 account size, executes against Prime liquidiy provider.

The Ever FYI VIPER.

PFG's Currenex platform seems to have great narrow spreads however, their comissions / ticket charges are $50/million.

This fee of $50 per million is a frik'in joke. Anybody who trades with them and are paying those kind of ticket charges shouldn't be in the business.

#23     Nov 6, 2009
  4. Jeffp

Jeffp

Not only the "what," but one's "Where and When" to put on that "optimal" "what."

There are huge trending moves in forex...Why?

Because there are. Its not a scam....Its the nature of the market.

Trending markets are easy to trade.....period.

You may not be able to get direct access with a piker account or the transparency like you can with exchange traded futures, but you have the ability to scale positions to the "micro" level. And that's and edge in its self, especially if you have tight spreads. Tight spreads and scalability.....you need these.

The CME realized this and thats why they introduced "micro sized contracts" but they have macro "cash sized spreads" and reduntant commissions.

Forex can be easy money, if traded simply.

Don't overleverage, Don't over complicate.

#24     Nov 8, 2009
  5. Are there any platforms that trade directly with the banks to have no spreads or ensure orders always fill etc.

I am new but opened an account in the last 3 months, havent funded it yet but the pip spreads practically give you no chance to make money and on the good setups they dont fill your bastard orders.

I have heard of direct accounts but is it true you need to deposit a minimum of 100k?

#25     Nov 11, 2009
  6. euclid

euclid

Erm. You might find that they are more willing to fill your bastard orders if you put some funds in your account.

#26     Nov 11, 2009
  7. InteractiveBrokers, MBT, FXCM ActiveTrader ECN, FXOpen ECN, Hotspot Euro (open to non-US only).

#27     Nov 11, 2009
  8. Swapd

Swapd

#28     Jan 11, 2010
  9. kennbx1

kennbx1

They are a scam and will steal your money. I filed a complaint with NFA. You all should do so as well if they've stolen your money.

#29     Apr 2, 2010
  10. Ive been with MB trading a lil over 2 yrs trading forex(GBP/USD) and have never had a problem with sudden crazy spreads(more than 4 pips) or misquotes, or having any of my orders held up by them. All of my orders(instant or pending) execute the moment i hit the button or hits the price target.

I have no doubt that most ppl who get into forex have no idea that if you sign up with a broker that is NOT and ECN, you are in essence, just begging to get your ass handed to you. Just my honest objective opinion from being in this business for as long as I have.

Secondly, this is NOT a market that treats you well if you havent learned the different variables, like price action, fundamental bias, etc, wheels that move the market. If you are not prepared knowledge wise and dont practice on demo for at least 3-4 months, BEFORE you trade with real money, the forex market will first clean your wallet, bite you in the ass afterwards, then sh*t down your throat, period!! Im so sick and tired of you f*cking whiners claiming its manipulated, what a pathetic group some of you are......

#30     Apr 2, 2010