Is FOREX a SCAM?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ozarka, Oct 28, 2009.

1. l2tradr

l2tradr

Perhaps if you learned how to trade AND not overleverage yourself, you might have a shot?

It's amazing how many morons start "trading" FX with 200:1 leverage (or open up a futures account with 2K and trade 4 ES contracts off the bat with no stops) and blame the brokers for their losses...

#21     Oct 28, 2009

2. Dammit!!
    There goes another "edge".!!

#22     Oct 28, 2009
  3. euclid

euclid

"A fool and his money are soon parted." - Thomas Tusser (1524–1580)

Nothing changes.

#23     Oct 28, 2009
  4. indaba

indaba

Forex is tough! only the big boys and central banks can make the big bucks as they have much better visability into the market versus the $3 e-signal package you are using. :p

#24     Oct 28, 2009
  5. I have been loving trading CME Globex Currency Futures AUD, CAD

#25     Oct 28, 2009
  6. Forex is a scam and an opportunity. It easier to be on the scam side. To be on win side, you need to know. Not everyone can know, otherwise no winners, and no losers.

#26     Oct 28, 2009
  7. Forex is not a scam. It is just very difficult to trade. Given the normal expected required risk/reward, it is very difficult to scalp the market. However, there are some good traders who could successfully scalp forex, but their expected risk/reward is different from the norm. However, they make up for it with higher number of winning trades.

With the normal expected risk/reward, there is only one way to trade, and that is George Soros' way.

PA

#27     Oct 28, 2009
  8. Exactly, mine is skewed beyond belief most of the time but risk management and win:lose compensate.

You're about the first person I've come across who actually understands the concept of scalping, most people seem to have an obsession about risk:reward!

#28     Oct 28, 2009
  9. Thanks! I think most people are obsessed about risk/reward is because they were taught that way. However, most may not understand the statistical concept behind it. Also, depending on the timeframe, the instrument, and the comission/spread, rules have to be modified to enhance the chance of success.

PA

#29     Oct 28, 2009
  10. TheMan

TheMan

that's weird

pretty sure i am looking at the same charts they are--- and i can see just fine

a chart is a chart

i love this site!!!!!!!!!!!

#30     Oct 28, 2009