Is Firefox browser any good.

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by jjf, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Here is a mirror that is really fast for downloading FF 3.0 (released today) in case any of you are having any trouble:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/

I really think FF 3.0 has much faster page loading. I like it a lot so far.

#41     Jun 17, 2008
  2. firefox 3 is great and much faster than earlier version

#42     Jun 18, 2008
  3. It was faster than Microsoft IE before, and it's even faster again now!

:)

#43     Jun 23, 2008
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Ditto here, also Maxthon. I use IE only for the investors.com site, Maxthon works there as well, but when you use the daily graphs it stays with in your browser window and I dont like that.

#44     Jun 23, 2008
  5. I have used FF since it's initial release, currently I use it with the NoScript and CookieSafe plugins. With these you have total control of who can run scripts and store cookies on your computer. Without these you have no idea how many tracking cookies and extra scripts are being run on your computer.

#45     Jun 23, 2008
  6. zdreg

zdreg

two questions on firefox 3
    how do block a particular popup not just cookies from a site?
    how do you block a particular site from creating popups?
    thanks

#46     Jun 23, 2008
  7. Get Adblock as an Add-On.

Also, although it has nothing to do with pop ups, try the Add-On "Piclens". Very cool feature.

#47     Jun 23, 2008
  8. Godsfist

Godsfist

The best!

#48     Jun 23, 2008
  9. zdreg

zdreg

is there anyway to block a particular site. can you create a list of sites to block?
    thanks.

#49     Jun 23, 2008
  10. Although I haven't tried any, I'm sure there will be an add-on available. Go to Tools/Add ons and search for anything along the lines of "Site Block" etc...

Edit: I just did a quick search and there is one called "Blocksite" This seems to be what you are looking for.

#50     Jun 24, 2008