Is Firefox browser any good.

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by jjf, Apr 18, 2008.

1. jjf

jjf

Hi guys,

I use firefox in its basic form without the bells and whistles and I am wondering whether I should include all the b & w or is it a security risk.

what are the benefits

cheers

2. I just use the basic Firefox and haven't had a single virus since (knocking on wood). I don't run a real time virus scanner either as it slows everything down. I had virus probs all the time using Explorer.

3. best thing that ever happened for computers.

4. mark1

mark1 Guest

and then I tried Opera...

5. Some of the Add-Ons REALLY make it good, especially NoScript, Distrust, Chromtabss and Ad Block (Plus, FilterSet.G). No more banner ads and I have control over which sites can run scripts on my system

And sometimes when IE is hanging, FF will work better or vice versa. Or sometimes. I use both

6. I was having problems with IE. It would freeze when I was trying to close it down. There would be a 10 second delay before it actually closed.

Switched to firefox, like it.

No problems yet.

8. nexx

nexx

9. firefox is the 2nd best thing to ever happen for computers. the first was linux.

ive never used IE I dont know how they compare.

10. I am not sure why, but Firefox works much quicker than MS Internet Explorer. Been using Firefox for the past 6 months and have not had any problems whatsoever.

Try doing a comparison "test" between the two. I think that you will find that IE 7.0 "hangs" and is slow to boot-up websites, whereas Firefox is way faster!

:cool:

#10     Apr 19, 2008