Is everyone wrong about market response to Madoff?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by scriabinop23, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Mav88

Mav88

... all this high finance is mostly a cover for generating wealth while producing NOTHING of value.

A nice scam if you die before its uncovered

As long as it is done legally why should we have a problem? Sitting at home trading stocks doesn't produce shit as well.

#31     Dec 14, 2008

2. Instead of spending time and effort to rescue the money, use your contacts to lobby to eliminate the money system.

We wake up monday morning and there is no more need for money. Take all the worthless paper and metal to recycling centers. The necessities we all need are available for when you need it. Go to the gas station to get the gas you need. Get whatever food you need at the grocery store, etc. You know what I mean.

People go to work to do their jobs because it's what they enjoy doing, and if not, train for something else. People continue to do the necessary work to help everyone who needs the service. People get trained to recycle into other work so one person doesn't have to work the same place day after day, unless he wants to of course. The responsibility to do what's needed gets done by people who feel the responsibility to help the common cause.

The things we want for comfort and enjoyment are available to all, within reason. The boat, airplane, travel rv, vacation house, it's there to use when not in use by others.

No more scamming and cheating and defruading to get ahead. No killing or hurting to steal money. No selling of drugs to kids and others to get the money to buy what they want. It's there for them .

The capitalist system in this country is a proven fraud and failure. The system I described is the solution for the long term. Anything else will also end in failure. This system I described would take years to organize efficiently and it could be a little chaotic, but without pain and suffering.

The path we continue down leads to more pain and chaos and even worse, civil war. Then afterword if things aren't organized correctly, more failure. The best solution is to make the change peacefully. I can see this happening in the future but that's not all. Thers's something else that will be even more of a shock to your realities. Just get ready for something. It's not over the hills and far away anymore, it's just over the horizon.

nostradamus :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_swFHp-0_sY

#32     Dec 14, 2008
  3. they're probably thinking 'oh wow...so THAT's why people are anti-semetic'

gypsies arent supposed to gype gypsies

#33     Dec 14, 2008
  4. 4XQs

4XQs

Completely agree - many of the current problems are related to lack of oversight/enforcement.

#34     Dec 14, 2008
  5. The society you describe is what highly evolved civilizations actually look like. It is hard for us to imagine this but if we were able to observe civilizations MUCH more advanced than ours they have no money (barter systems for luxury goods but basic necessities are provided) and not much need for a government and military because there are no wars, no poverty, no starvation, no fear. These things are caused by money and power and not in their absence. We need to wake up and take a good hard look at ourselves.

#35     Dec 14, 2008

6. Are these societies in the andronmeda galaxy or in the 5th dimension?

In addition, May I ask, how you "observe" them?

surf:D

#36     Dec 14, 2008
  7. Use your imagination and I said if we could observe them. So you apparently think then we are the only intelligent life in the universe and that we are currently the pinnacle of civilization? Which possibility is more plausible? They used to argue about the Earth being flat vs round and the sun revolving around Earth. I guess there is something in mankind's mind that makes us think we are the center of the universe.

#37     Dec 14, 2008
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Best part, some of the investors thought it was fishy but in a different way, by insider trading:

"So why did these smart and skeptical investors keep investing? They, like many Madoff investors, assumed Madoff was somehow illegally trading on information from his market-making business for their benefit. They didn't consider the possibility that he was clean on that score but running a good old-fashioned Ponzi scheme."

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/145115/I-Knew-Bernie-Madoff-Was-Cheating--That's-Why-I-Invested-with-Him?tickers=%5Edji,&%3Bamp%3Bgspc%2C%5Eixic

#38     Dec 14, 2008

9. :D

nicely stated. golfbaron sounds like an angry caddy LOL!

#39     Dec 14, 2008
  10. :D
    My thoughts exactly.
    Seems there are more space travelers on ET than actual traders living in reality. I'm pretty certain this same demographic of people believe Obama will turn the US into Utopia?

#40     Dec 14, 2008