Is everyone making a Ton of $$$, if not, then WHY?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by F-Trader, Jul 7, 2006.

1. cscott

cscott

Not a good dad or a good role model. What BS!!!

#41     Jul 8, 2006
  2. I still don't understand how someone can trade with only one monitor.

Don't you feel with multiple monitors you would make more money, I know I do.

I like to have one stock chart per monitor, that's it. I have one monitor for Execution, watching P&L, Level II order entry, etc....

Another monitor to only watch Indexes such as S&P, GOX, COMEX Gold, etc...

I don't understand why anyone who does this as a Career and Full time would want less.

I'm adding 2 more monitors so I will have a total of Nine, I think this should do it.:confused:

#42     Jul 8, 2006
  3. mizer

mizer

AWESOME................I'm gonna run out to home depot and buy a wheel barrel to carry around all the money I'm gonna make on monday.

Thanks so much for this advice. I'M GONNA BE RICH BITCH!!!!!!!

#43     Jul 8, 2006
  4. Never had a $40,000 day, that would be sweet.

Most ever was $26,000.

I don't trade aggressively anymore. I am content with $1,200+ per day. I have other investments, my home is paid for, I have way too many toys, etc...

My lowest year since 1998 has been $338,000, ths puts me in the Top 1% of income earners in the US. I'm happy with that. I hate paying all these friggin taxes, what a waste of money. The harder and smarter I work the more I have to give to Congress.

I know I can make a lot more but I don't like the added stress and work. If I was younger then yes, but I am almost 50.

I don't place my first trade until 9:45- 10:00 am, and I am usually done with 90% of my trading by the time Gold closes at the Comex at 1:30.

I have a hard time staying glued to my computer all day, I get distracted easily or maybe I am losing interest.

Trading is getting boring for me. I can't get a Job making anywhere what I make now and I don't want to start a business (been there done that).

It seems like I'm stuck.

#44     Jul 8, 2006
  5. If you check out these stocks maybe you will need a wheel barrow.:p

#45     Jul 8, 2006
  6. I just heard an amazing stat on some talk show. The Dow stock that performs Worst this year performs the Best the following year in over 40% of the last 30 years.

I believe GM was down 50% last year and UP 50% this year.

3 years ago a buddy of mine and I shorted GM at $52 and covered at $38, we were happy.

Only to watch it drop another $20 to $18, WTF.:mad:

#46     Jul 8, 2006
  7. Maybe Monday I will start posting my P&L.

I just hate reading all the losers who trade 100,000 shares everyday and make Fifty bucks.

#47     Jul 8, 2006
  8. Tells me you can't read Idiot.

Where did I say I concentrate any of my efforts on Entries?

I spend most of my time concentrating on the best exits, it seems to be a never ending battle.

I'm sure you have it perfected so could you please help all of us Pikers? :D

#48     Jul 8, 2006
  9. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

Entry and exits....? What's the big deal? The only people arguing about which is most important.....are dicks, newbies, chancers, half wits, morons, no brainers, etc, etc.

#49     Jul 8, 2006
  10. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

If a price goes up from 50 to 100, then, goes down, 100 to 50. Where do you 'enter' and where do you 'exit'?

#50     Jul 8, 2006