is Esignal total scam ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by vitaltrader, Jul 11, 2017.

1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

if you don't call collecting money for real time quotes and yet delivering delayed quotes not being a crook then so be it. many people never know they are being scammed, they call it bad fills.

#11     Jul 18, 2017
  2. eSignal has separate products for delayed data and real time data. If you pay for real time data, that's what you get.

#12     Jul 19, 2017
    traderob likes this.
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

your not knowledgeable about real time.

#13     Jul 19, 2017
  4. Well, I've been using RT data since the first days of internet trading. So I guess I have a pretty good idea of what it is.

#14     Jul 19, 2017
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

a) What did they say when you called them on the telephone (a lot better than emailing them) ?

b) What did they say at their own discussion forums ?

c) Which eSignal produce were you using ?

Also, when cancelling your account via their website...you will automatically receive a reference number. Give that reference number to the customer service rep / billing department when you call them.

I ask because I'm a little surprise you're complaining here at this forum instead of calling them on the telephone or contacting them at their own discussion forums.

Simply, stop emailing them. I'm not sure you can cancel your account via email. You need to use their "account maintenance" to manage your eSignal subscription (addons, removing services, cancellations) especially now that they have been billing (charging) you beyond the 30 day free trial period.

Add-on services and exchange data fees are non-refundable.

eSignal account maintenance @ https://secure.esignal.com/maintenance.aspx?bhcp=1 (don't foreget to write down your reference number for the cancellation)

Make sure you get names of the customer service rep and document the phone call and give them your reference number that you automatically received when you cancelled your account. Also, make sure you contact your credit card company or bank to ensure eSignal can not take another payment the next month.

Lessons learn: Most data providers have a way to cancel accounts (including free trials) either from within the software or the software has a link that will take you to the website "account management" that will allow you to add/remove/cancel account.

Worst case scenario...a phone call to a customer service rep or billing department fixes any problems.

A lot better than just "emailing them".

Good luck.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    #15     Jul 19, 2017
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

The thread starter did not suggest the problem was that he/she paid for real-time quotes and instead got delayed data.

Instead, the problem stated by the thread starter has to do with account cancellation during the 30 day free trial period (it wasn't cancel after he/she emailed them to cancel the account "before" the 30 day limit). :D

Thread starter problem seems to be obvious...the emailing and trying to contact eSignal thru Elitetrader.com

Reminds me of someone else several years back using TradeStation and coming to Elitetrader.com to look for a tradestation representative instead of using their own forums, telephone or account maintenance procedure.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    #16     Jul 19, 2017

7. You have no idea what are you talking about, English is not my native but definetely you have problem with reading and understanding?
    I said I have send several official requests, 10 or more total, forum is totally dead links are broken small images are not displayed correctly etc and finally maybe can you tell me how to register on their forums ?

"Register
    Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator."

Few days after my last post there and waiting more finally I decided to make a call on 4th attempt and waiting over 30 !! minutes on telephone line and this time they have answered finally huh? after that they told about migration problems etc, and will make refund soon.
    2 weeks later after telephone call they have returned payment.
    Instead of few days or max 1-2 weeks I have been waiting months for my money back.

All in all they are not stealers or scammers and I hope that my case was only temporary problems common with company migrations etc. anyway looks totally unprofessional to me.
    However as charting soft it's still top I would say one of the best.

#17     Sep 9, 2017
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Below are your message posts in this thread prior to my response. We know you sent requests but it was recommended you should instead use their "account maintenance" link "in the software" or their website depending upon the product you're using in comparison to you only mentioning problems with emailing / telephoning them.

Yet, after I gave you the suggestion about using the "account maintenance"...someone sent me a pm stating not all of the products at eSignal has that feature...just some of their products had it. Sorry about that, I just assumed in error that "all" of their products had "account maintenance" because I used one of their products that had it. Now it seems you were using one of their products that does not have it.

Once again, below are your message posts prior to my response. I don't see where you stated you sent "10 or more total", "forum is totally dead links", "broken small images not displayed correctly.

I'm not being sarcastic but you did suggested I had a problem reading and understanding when that info is not below in your message posts prior to my reply.

1) What are the links that are totally dead links that related your problems with your account ?

Maybe it was a negative comment by you about their forum that had nothing to do with your account problems or links they no longer use.

2) What are the small images not displayed correctly ?

Once again, maybe just another negative comment by you that has nothing to do with your account problems.

3) Seriously, you're asking me for help to tell you how to register at their forum...a forum that you're no longer using their products ?

I don't work for eSignal but I do use their products. I'm not going to provide you with that info (sorry) about "how to register". Yet, I will suggest you go to their forum and click the button in the upper right corner that says the words "Log In or Sign Up". After that, you're on your own. :sneaky:

Regardless, you did post an update that you attempted on your own to "register" at eSignal forum and instead you got the message Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator."

I've seen that before at another website but only because the registrations were only allowed from within the software for "current" users of the product. Thus, if you were registered in prior...its possible they would disable your access after you cancelled your account. I've seen other data vendor sites do such.

Also, I do understand English is not your first language. Guess what...its not my first language too. :D

Simply, I'm very aware how misunderstandings and communication problems occurs between people that learned English as their 2nd or 3rd language regardless if its written or telephone. Further, I know eSignal has different threads at their forum in other languages but they're very inactive (no posts for several years) while their normal threads about announcements, network/exchange status, data category and such show 1 - 2 posts every few months...obviously nothing like a regular forum like Elitetrader.com (very active).

Take care, good luck and I'm glad you were able to fix the problem you were having with your account at eSignal.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    #18     Sep 9, 2017