Is emini Russell 200 best mini to trade???

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, Mar 12, 2007.

1. ym = 3 ticks to bank ~$5 per contract.

er2 = 2 ticks to bank ~$5 per contract.

may seem nothing but it makes quite a difference.

#11     Mar 12, 2007
  2. I think you should check the daily range of ticks, not points... although I believe the ER to have more daily range in ticks to YM comparing points on these two particular contracts is not a good way to do it, because YM may move 10points to the ERs 1 point..

#12     Mar 12, 2007
  3. bh_prop

bh_prop

Pekelo:

High to low in YM 104 ticks or $520 range today

High to low in ER2 76 ticks or $760 range

I stand by my original post, one would have to trade *more* YM to get same bang for buck as ER.

#13     Mar 12, 2007
  4. CONS: Lots of slippage. Low volume.

#14     Mar 12, 2007
  5. Neet

Neet

Bitstream,

Perhaps I'm mising the obvious but I only need 2 ticks (2 points) in the YM to bank 5$ per contract after comm.

#15     Mar 12, 2007

6. initiate a ym long position and u are down $9.40 off the bat if u close exactly where u entered @bid without mkt moving 1 single tick [ 1 tick spread+ commissions]--u stay put and mkt moves 1 tick @b/e, if u close now, u are down $4.40 [just commissions]--if u stay put again and wait for the 2nd tick u are actually up $0.60 per contract. --at the third tick u begin to make some cash, and that's $5.60. same with the nazzy.

#16     Mar 12, 2007
  7. Not really...Even stop orders during fast moves rarely lose more than a tick or two.
    The killer with this guy is the bullshit fake reversal moves and shake-outs. Look at the opening 15 minutes....heck there are multiple $300 per minute per contract moves.
    No question, this is a great contract for scalping. Swing traders during the day must be very careful.

#17     Mar 12, 2007
  8. there aint no slippage. buy 2-4 contracts at a time with lmt...mkt is not gonna run away from u in no time, u'll have a chance to add at the same price or better. i am still haing a hard time to understand complaints about slippage on any future contract if u are not trading humongous size.

#18     Mar 12, 2007
  9. There is usually slippage if your trading over 20 contracts per unit, definately during lunch. Nothing crazy but a few of ticks slippage on 20 contracts... you do the math, it adds up if you dont know what your doing. The best thing about the er2 is it preys on the easy money... you have to be ahead of the game with this contract.

#19     Mar 12, 2007
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

My bad, I was refering to the ES....

#20     Mar 12, 2007