is elite trader threads being hijack

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by rsikit, Mar 26, 2008.

1. a new wave of aliases' has appeared....

#11     Mar 26, 2008
  2. I provided a solid solution to this crap 18 months ago.
    It received the exact same response as every other constructive idea posted in the feedback section.... nada.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1198266&highlight=dolphins#post1198266

Also helpful:

Here's another perfect solution that Baron wisely decided to ignore 18 months ago:

#12     Mar 26, 2008
  3. Yep, many forums already do such and much more.

They don't have the same problems as ET.

I too am often surprise that lots of these solutions that seem simple to me are not used.

Just as important, when the solutions are posted here in feedback...

They often do not get a response from management.

Yet, post something here in feedback that request Baron to physcially and manually remove/delete a spammer...

They eventually respond and take action by deleted the spamming member.

Anyways, I'm seeing more and more discussion forums recently in comparison to the past few years that aren't trading related use very sucessfully many anti spam approaches and they too are dependent upon advertising dollars.

Regardless, via what I've read lately at anti-spam news websights...

Discussion forums are becoming more and more popular for spammers off-topic crap about products, hate, religion and anything else that has nothing to do with the theme of the discussion forum.

Forums that use some of the suggestions I've seen posted here in feedback are way ahead of these spammers and are usually avoided by the spammer especially when they know there's a bullseye target at EliteTrader.com

That old saying just ignore them lets you know the obvious solutions will not be adopted.

Mark

#13     Mar 26, 2008