Is Democracy Real?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by estrader, Mar 13, 2006.

Does freedom of speech exist in the West?

1. No. PC Gestapo is out in force punishing the truth tellers.

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes. I say what I think and nobody persecutes me.

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  3. I don't know. I just drift along in life.

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Acro, are all the anti-war protesters in San Francisco and elsewhere, with their signs depicting Bush as Hitler or Lucifer, saying to support the Iraqi "freedom fighters," examples of what you call "dumb speech."

If not, how do you account for their consistent appearances? Are they being shipped to Guantanamo or Abu Ghraib, tortured and killed, and then reincarnated in time for the following weekend's protest?

Or is it simply that they, and all the voices that oppose this war and Bush, are actually not suppressed?

And boy, you and others sure are able to speak your mind here on ET.....must be because of Baron's connection to the Bush/Zionist Cabal which allows his site an exception to the Gestapo's minions collecting you in the middle of the night.

#11     Mar 14, 2006
  2. saxon

saxon

Fear of whom??

Personally...I don't give a fuck what anybody else thinks about my opinions.

(It's one of my strongest virtues.)

:D

saxon

PS. If I lived in other parts of the world, I might well feel otherwise. Count your blessings.

#12     Mar 14, 2006

3. A)yes

b) they are, the proof is you havent actually heard them

c)I have mentioned before, this is a marvellous site, perhaps, the cabal you mention may have been" inforced "somehow by the unfortunate loss of all et memory around '99, due to servers and what not.

I suspect, that baron is an incredible patriot, against his better judgement, at least when it comes to you and your WHINGING about your treatment at the hands of the obviously despicable resinate/Z combo.

#13     Mar 14, 2006
  4. This explains my philosophy the best.

"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny."
    --Bertrand Russell

So, I don't mind pissing people off unless it'll put me in prison or on the streets.

#14     Mar 16, 2006
  5. Ricter

Ricter

And therein lies the answer. There's no gestapo shutting us up, no, that's hardly necessary. The reality is that no one is listening anyway. We're all too busy playing with our toys, won by wage slavery.

#15     Mar 17, 2006
  6. Thanks for the non-reply and sarcasm.

Baron is such a "patriot" he deleted all the threads you mentioned. I guess the Bush/Zion cabal was too much for him, or he's on the outs with them.

Free speech indeed...

p.s. "whinging"? :D

#16     Mar 17, 2006
  7. #17     Mar 17, 2006
  8. A possible cure for flaming is whinging?

In that case, stop whinging about my whinging already...:D

#18     Mar 17, 2006
  9. Hey, it was your idea.
    :D

#19     Mar 17, 2006
  10. #20     Mar 17, 2006