Is Democracy Real?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by estrader, Mar 13, 2006.

Does freedom of speech exist in the West?

1. No. PC Gestapo is out in force punishing the truth tellers.

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes. I say what I think and nobody persecutes me.

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  3. I don't know. I just drift along in life.

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Does freedom of speech exist anymore or do you find yourself saying one thing while thinking the opposite out of fear of social repercussions and persecution.

2. No. Only "dumb " freedom of speech is allowed, anything particularly important, factually or logic based is widely suppressed. By the gestapo.

3. BSAM

BSAM

Gotta go with acro on this one.

4. achilles28

achilles28

Indeed.

Mass media tell us what to think. They frame the debate and define which issues are important and which aren't.

Like sheep, we dare not stray from the mental maps they've fashioned for us - fearing widespread backlash by our societal 'collective'; who incidentally, are also sheep and believe exactly as they're told.

5. BSAM

BSAM

The media sells it and you live the rooooooooole.
    We're going off the rails on a Crazy Train!!!:eek:

6. There has never been freedom of speech in this sense of the word. Social and cultural pressure are either a strong tyrant or ally...

7. I use "smart" freedom of speech, and I've never been persecuted or suppressed.

8. achilles28

achilles28

The framing of 'important' issues is conceptually identical to how fashion trends are set - top down.

The central authority tells us what to think/like. And we obey it while simultaneously priding ourselves on how 'informed' and 'independent minded' we are. LOL.

Its mass mind control.

9. BSAM

BSAM

Yeah.....That's right. Take the IRS for instance.....

10. achilles28

achilles28

BSAM. I'm not sure if you're sarcastic or serious?

Gotta get something to eat. Be back.

#10     Mar 14, 2006