Is democracy any good ??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Humpy, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Any more juvenile language? Rich people should pay more because they need a civilized society (law&order) more than homeless do (people on the other end of the spectrum)

#41     Nov 18, 2009
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

:confused:

WOW! I don't know where you went to school kid, assuming you went at all, but that place should be immediately burnt to the ground.

Ideally with it's professors still inside.

#42     Nov 18, 2009
  3. It may be hard for you to comprehend given your thick skull, but if you have everything you are a lot more concerned about being robbed at gun point/carjacked/kidnapped than if you have nothing.

#43     Nov 18, 2009
  4. Ricter

Ricter

That's a decent explanation of the marginal utility of a dollar concept.

#44     Nov 18, 2009
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

So your saying that high taxes equals more law and order?

My previous comment about your school still applies I'm afraid.

BTW, how's your WOW game these days?

#45     Nov 18, 2009
  6. Vista

Vista

Ok, no offense, but this is why you think people, that like the FairTax, are morons. You don't understand it.

One of the basic parts of the FairTax is the Prebate. The Prebate refunds in advance the tax on purchases of basic necessities. A couple with one child would receive a check every month for $487.

A person at the poverty level (using gov't #'s) would not pay a dime in tax. Not a single dime. Why wouldn't democrats not love this? Because, it takes away power. Same with Republicans.

#46     Nov 18, 2009
  7. Dude, Neal Boortz show is available in my area on 690 AM, I heard all about prebate, prebate is crap.

The very essence of middle class life is there is not an abundance of money lying around for leisure. If your car maintenance goes up is it considered a basic necessity? What about your cable bill? Car insurance? Car payment? Gasoline? Tuition? Health care? If any of those things go up substantially(except cable tv bill but broadband internet is not optional nowadays) it is bad news for middle class.

Fair Tax is pushed as a trojan horse by rich people to screw the middle class.

#47     Nov 18, 2009
  8. Vista

Vista

You must not believe that removing the imbedded taxes and then adding the 23 % FairTax after that, will essentially be a wash and that prices will be about the same.

I believe that $20 mil in research on the FairTax has this idea correct. Plus, don't forget, they keep their whole paycheck.

#48     Nov 18, 2009
  9. Vista

Vista

Why is it crap? A worker at the poverty level right now pays SS. After the FairTax he would get a prebate check and not pay any SS at all. That means he net ahead by SS taxes.

#49     Nov 18, 2009
  10. No the fair tax allows people to determine what their tax obligation is going to be.

#50     Nov 18, 2009