Is Dementia Contagious?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Emil Kraepelin, Apr 12, 2007.

1. For Joe Doaks fans, there was just a beautiful little Rule of Fifteen from 2:10-2:24 ET in NQ. That escalator said, "Up", but when you got to the top, there was no landing. It opened onto an empty elevator shaft.

#41     Apr 13, 2007
  2. Yes, IB customers have a lot of issues.
    Watching Yahoo lets me know where the market is drifting, but doesn't let me trade. You know, an interesting thing is the half-hourly briefing.com summary at Yahoo finance. That guy is so wrong so often. And there are days when the market is up and he attributes it to rising oil prices; then on days when the market is down he attributes it to rising oil prices. Anyway, he's good to fade if you can get what he's typing realtime. He's also confused about market direction -- thinks that when the nasdaq is red and the dow is green the market is trading in different directions -- think about that and ask yourself "where are the inter-index arbs?" Another thing I learned there: the sector watch: 8 out of 10 sectors trading higher, but financials and energy in the red. What do you think will happen?

#42     Apr 13, 2007
  3. 225, my issue with IB is that for years they took all my money and only recently started giving me some back. Bastards!

Funny you should like the briefing.com stuff. I love the way it's always 180 out of phase, like the stock market reports you hear on the radio at the top of the hour. But I read it carefully in the AM to make sure I haven't missed an upcoming economic announcement that Bloomberg didn't list. They're good for that.

#43     Apr 13, 2007
  4. I am lucky with IB so far.
    I have taken their money and, despite their best efforts, they haven't gotten it back.
    Maybe that's why I'm reluctant to trade -- I mean, knowing that they want their money back and can log me out, cut off my quotes, etc. at any time would give anyone pause. Am I trapped in a quit-while-you're-ahead syndrome? Would a second broker help?

#44     Apr 13, 2007
  5. Serious issues. Most days I'll lose TWS once or twice, of course always right after I entered a trade. Not usually a problem, as I am trying to hold longer than 60 seconds now. I have two high speed (allegedly) connections running on two different computers as an insurance policy. Naturally BOTH went down a couple of days ago (was I in a trade? guess!). Two brokers? Where would I scrape up another $2K for the minimum trading account?

#45     Apr 13, 2007
  6. gaidaros

gaidaros

well, the founder of playboy has not one but several pussy in his mansion during his old age :)

another thing is when I was 23 and my grandpa of 82 then did a pass on my girlfriend by grabbing her from the tits. but i do not know what he would have done had she said yes, hehe :)

#46     Apr 13, 2007
  7. TWS always craps on me right after entering a trade, too! Are they trying to scare me? That's another use for Yahoo: you can get a recent (within the last few seconds) cash index quote and know where the futures are (don't rely on someone's STR/SQU indicator), if you know what the day's premium is.

Two connections on two different computers going down? Let me guess: esignal?

As far as scraping together another 2K for another broker, here is my advice: stay in those longer than 60 second trades and you may make enough for another account.

#47     Apr 13, 2007
  8. Gaidaros, an ugly image, that. Please save me the trouble of reading your voluminous posting history and tell me why you are hanging around this miserable little thread. Interested in trading psychology? BTW, your English is excellent. You had me fooled for a while. Native language is?

#48     Apr 13, 2007
  9. 225, the E-Signal guess was a no-brainer, all 19 of my personalities post charts using it. Are you implying that E-Signal makes my connections go down? I would have believed that until yesterday, when I found out it was Cingular's shit-eating wireless software. After 45 minutes on the horn with tech support, the guy finally gave up and said "Go download Sierra Wireless' software, ours sucks." Assholes!

What charting SW do you use?

#49     Apr 13, 2007
  10. I am also thinking of a thread on trust, or faith, as an issue in trading. Sorry to dwell on MY issues, but it IS all about ME.

#50     Apr 13, 2007