Is Dementia Contagious?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Emil Kraepelin, Apr 12, 2007.

1. We should start an "unknown" dementia support group.

#31     Apr 13, 2007
  2. Gaideros, thank you for joining in. We need more mental health professional here. There is greater need on ET than Dr's. Deco, Mudgins and I can service. My denizens may appear to be casual about trading, but I can assure you from private correspondence that they are quite serious on the subject. And as many of my regulars are over the hill (if indeed they ever got to the top of it), dementia is of concern to us. We hope that trading will be our constant companion in our old age (as young pussy clearly will not), so we fear more than loss of virility (long gone) the loss of trading acuity. That is why Jack is an inspiration to us all, although we ARE beginning to wonder about him.

#32     Apr 13, 2007
  3. Thunderdog, that IS a good idea for a trading psych thread, sort of akin to sexual dysfunctions. I'll get to it after I do a thread titled "Indiscretionary Trading".

#33     Apr 13, 2007
  4. Thank you, Nutmeg, an excellent idea. We should try to reach out to more people here. Unfortunately, dementia sufferers remain in denial long after their lives are reduced to a series of yellow sticky reminders from loved ones or caretakers of what they are supposed to do during the day. Mine says "Don't trade chop!"

#34     Apr 13, 2007
  5. Here's another great one today:

"Like taking candy from a baby."

#35     Apr 13, 2007
  6. I went to the store to buy some grolsch to calm
    my fibrillating cheart. I forgot the $20 change.
    Called the store and the clerk didn't remember giving me the change, so they said come back and get it.

Am I headed for d*m*n*t*a?
    Should I stop trading?

#36     Apr 13, 2007
  7. 225, you have steadfastly declined to provide any intake interview information in our many PMs, so I am unable to offer you any counsel. Any other day, I would advise you not to drink beer, or at least to drink only Jap beer, during RMH, but today is an exception. We might as well spend our meagre morning earnings on booze and drink it with great attention to stay out of the market. My trading signal has flipped seven times since 10:30 ET. I am going to continue to ignore it until it proves to me it's right.

#37     Apr 13, 2007
  8. You are so right, Emil.
    I have secrets to keep, so you must understand.
    I am concentrating on the booze and only looking at the market thru Yahoo's eyes. If I see anything happening there, I know it will take so long to get TWS started that the opportunity will be gone.
    Some may consider me fortunate, because I don't need to be in the market all the time.
    A few hundred a month to supplement meager social security and a generous corporate pension is all I want.

#38     Apr 13, 2007
  9. "Here's another great one today:

"Like taking candy from a baby.""

Too many babies not enough candy.

#39     Apr 13, 2007
  10. Hmmm. Curious. My threads seem to attract IB customers. That says a lot. Keep your secrets, 225, but pray tell, why watch Yahoo to see what is going on?

#40     Apr 13, 2007