Is Dementia Contagious?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Emil Kraepelin, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Emil,

My response was was intended to be bounded by "profitable trading" compared to "trading".

I think we are saying the same thing. The actions of making a full round trip trade are automatic. Thoughtfulness about the trade, during trade time, get in the way of profits.

#21     Apr 13, 2007
  2. Thunderdog, we shall see in coming weeks. I think we are beginning to see the effects of unbelievable complexity piled on top of improbable complexity. I sense that a breakdown of legendary nwbpropian proportions looms.

Chuck, thanks for amplifying. I really respect your opinion, although I don't quite know why. Perhaps it is because you can spell. Now I have a confession. All my "thoughtfulness" just led me to overrule my system and cut a short short. The worst thing about it was that I was randomly right. I am doomed!

#22     Apr 13, 2007
  3. I have to agree, Emil. You can know too much and can certainly think too much.

#23     Apr 13, 2007
  4. Thank you for your support, 225. Here's one from today I'm sure you'll love, from one of our biggest idiots here:

"Here we go...... NO RISK IN THIS MARKET.......PERIOD!"

#24     Apr 13, 2007
  5. Oh, yeah. That must be due to all the comfort, support and whatever that Jack is providing. And, for free!

#25     Apr 13, 2007
  6. Hmm. I just assumed that MMT was a master of parody without peer.

#26     Apr 13, 2007
  7. Around here, one never knows. He could turn into the new Jack, for all I know. Kindly say something about trading psych, will you, so that we don't get chit-chatted? Right now my system is in fibrillation, a good indicator to stay on the sidelines. Those who think I am full of shit about the VWAP should take a look at what price is writhing around right now.

#27     Apr 13, 2007
  8. ...Trading psychology is...a many-splendored thing? :confused:

Sorry, I don't perform well under pressure. (A new psych thread is born.)

#28     Apr 13, 2007
  9. gaidaros

gaidaros

i have a PhD in dementia (really) so a couple of thoughts:

- only rare forms of dementia are contagious (i.e. prion diseases, see mad cows etc).
    - intellectual exercise or higher education is known to delay onset of dementia
    - high-blood pressure (in this case trading emotional roller-coasters) is a risk factor of dementia.

whether people's ideas can lead to other people getting dementia, well, that is unknown :)

my 2c

greets

#29     Apr 13, 2007
  10. Ah, so that's what the "D" stands for. I've always wondered about that.

#30     Apr 13, 2007