Is Dementia Contagious?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Emil Kraepelin, Apr 12, 2007.

1. "My goodness, just look at everyone jumping in, hurry hurry the train is leaving the station chooo chooo"

THAT certainly sets a high standard for analytical posting!

#11     Apr 12, 2007
  2. Should "thoughtful" and "rational" be clustered together when talking trading? Or more importantly profitable trading?

It seems to me that only a state of rationality is required for profitable trading, and thoughtfulness just gets in the way.

Therefore, the answer is yes. " Dementia is contagious."

#12     Apr 12, 2007
  3. Chuck, please amplify on what you mean about thoughtfulness not being a requisite of good trading. I don't get it it, because for me the rationality of system trading frees me to be thoughtful (I will say pensive) between signals, and therefore more open to letting new ideas into my head. In other words, being freed by the system from being wedded to a trade makes me more open minded. Thanks.

#13     Apr 12, 2007
  4. On a less serious note, I am seriously contemplating seeking sponsorship of the Psych thread as a system provider. I have a panoply, not to mention a canopy, of index futures trading systems which I currently provide gratis to my trading therapy clients. I am current on the latest therapeutic interventions with psychoactive drugs, and am well aware of the multiply-proven result that it is the talking therapy which is efficatious, not the pharmaceuticals, which are no better than placebos, at 50% effectiveness.

Therefore I provide my clients placebo trading systems. They neither lose nor make money, but allow the client to continue to experience the thrill of trading without any serious ill financial effects. Placebo systems also prevent the client from blowing out, which means I never lose him as a source of income. The quasi-pseudo-random nature of the calls of my placebo systems also keep the client guessing about his own skills, and as they rarely, if ever, follow the systems I give them, we have a continuous stream of trading blocks and failures to discuss in session.

What do you think, ET? The systems are simple. One indicator or oscillator. One clear decision. Only one thing to watch. No ambiguity. Infrequent trades facilitate frequent ET browsing. Cutouts keep your lunch hour free. Designed specifically for traders who cannot follow SCT, who, incidentally, form the bulk of my practice.

#14     Apr 12, 2007
  5. You had me confused at first, The answer is yes. Dementia is contagious. But first we must qualify that by re-stating the question.

Contagious Traders Dementia. Is it real?

Cognitive function of who we are (good trade bad trade up down lose today win today repeat your stories to your friends they won you lost aaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh), our problem solving skills (hey you, you're fucked it don't work like that, told ya so,but it did the last time), disorientation (listening to other peoples tell you the same thing is not helping matters any) where in the hell am I? No biggee, I follow the world indices, I know exactly where I am but whazz up with the clock here at ET That ain't the right time or is it?

#15     Apr 12, 2007
  6. Is this what you hi-fallutin' system programmers call a "loop"?

Emil - may I say you win hands doiwn on the gut-buster counts :D :D

And just one more thing, I'm gettin tired of wipin the spittums off the monitor!

#16     Apr 13, 2007
  7. Simply brilliant.

:D

#17     Apr 13, 2007
  8. Hi, Jack.
    How's the insurance business going?

#18     Apr 13, 2007
  9. I would not use this greeting trader 225.
    Big ears is listening.

#19     Apr 13, 2007
  10. Upon reflection, I think I was mistaken. Perhaps dementia is indeed contagious. After all, that's what makes a market.

#20     Apr 13, 2007