Is Debt worse than slavery?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by corelove, Oct 21, 2010.

1. EON Kid

EON Kid

very good point jueco

#21     Oct 22, 2010
  2. SOME REALLY GOOD BOOK, I DONT REMEMBER THE NAME SAYS "The rich rule over the poor and the borrower is slave to the lender."
    Counseling dozens of couples through financial problems you soon realize that the debt they have incurred makes them slave in every aspect in their lives. They go through their days being consumed in their thoughts of how they are going to make it. I have learned that DEBT in itself is you owing something to someone else. Someone has the upperhand on you. We are not designed for that. We are designed for giving not taking and consuming. It really draws parallels to why our world is so messed up. Were so busy taking and consuming for our own benefit we dont care who or what the damage is..............

#22     Oct 22, 2010
  3. EON Kid

EON Kid

and neither does an icelandic child born into debt (serfdom)

#23     Oct 22, 2010
  4. Cool. When will they air the documentary arguing for the elimination of Freddie and Fannie so we can all go back to paying cash for houses?

#24     Oct 22, 2010
  5. olias

olias

That is always a possibility at some point. If the poor masses become too poor and too massive, you will get a revolution.

#25     Oct 22, 2010
  6. zdreg

zdreg

why do you keep repeating the same nonsense. .10% transaction tax would wipe out the capital of an active trader.

#26     Oct 22, 2010
  7. olias

olias

#27     Oct 22, 2010
  8. Oh yeah...i've read that book too. I think it was in the best selling book of all time. Oh whats the name of that book....I know that book currently sells about 100 million books worldwide each year...but oh...what was the name of it?

Oh yeah. The Bible. :)

#28     Oct 22, 2010
  9. morganist

morganist Guest

usury laws.

#29     Oct 22, 2010
  10. No, The Davincy Code.

#30     Oct 22, 2010