Is Debt worse than slavery?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by corelove, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Maybe you are a slave to money if you make good money. You cant stop because you have to make more.

Only way to not be a slave is to be 100% in control. But even then arent you controled by your desire to control, thereby making you a slave again. I guess we are all slaves to some degree..

#11     Oct 21, 2010
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Never took you for a heavy drinker, Peil.

#12     Oct 21, 2010
  3. corelove

corelove

Exactly. It's shocking to see the two compAred by those who have suffered true slavery.
    http://tinyurl.com/2f7ykhr

#13     Oct 21, 2010
  4. corelove

corelove

Will a civil war take place to free the legions from debt slavery?

#14     Oct 21, 2010
  5. I always hear these arguments about nobody forces these people to go into debt, which is all and well, but...by and large it's the deficit spending, the debt based monetary system that runs on this "inflate at all costs" idelogy that creates enormous pockets of inflation that the vast majority of the population has no choice but to assume a pretty serious debt load.

Working against this backdrop are the numerous assistance programs that grant enormous discounts or, in many cases, complete subsidies to the lower tiers of the economic ladder and this, once again, increases the costs of those who are "theoretically" capable of financing these costs. Maybe some of you haven't noticed tuition costs, housing costs, increased local and property taxes, etc, etc...

There is absolutely no question that the willful efforst of the central planners to target asset inflation and dollar debasement creates a system whereby large sections of the population have no options but to assume a larger debt load. As we've seen, we they become oversaturated with debt, then the focus shifts to the government assuming their role and increasing the debt load.

Inflation greater than previous inflation until bust...

#15     Oct 21, 2010
  6. jem

jem

Excellent post... its great that so many are starting to see the connection.

I always wondered why sheakespeare and others always seemed to despise the bankers and money changers.

I always thought - well you didn't have to borrow the money. You did not have to place the bet. You knew rocky would come break you knees.

But, when assets are running up (or education) and you are about to get squeezed out of the good school districts you pay up, even if you know its foolish... because you have a wife... It was funny those who didn't step up looked liked losers and pissed off their wives... not those who did step up are losing their wives... which is very sad for the kids. I see almost every day in my job... and I know how close it was.

One of my properties in Fl. we had a 900 offer... my wife wanted to move in.. I wanted to sell... we moved in. sold 18 mos later for 6 something in Dec. 2006. Now its worth 300 something. I barely got out in time.

So many families who moved to florida have just been jacked by the loose money tight money game. And many of those homes had larger cash down payments.... including mine. Many lost real after tax dollars and now have six figure deficiencies.

#16     Oct 21, 2010
  7. Slavery is likely to be abolished by the war power and chattel slavery destroyed. This, I and my European friends are glad of, for slavery is but the owning of labor and carries with it the care of the laborers, while the European plan, led by England, is that capital shall control labor by controlling wages. This can be done by controlling the money. The great debt that capitalists will see to it is made out of the war, must be used as a means to control the volume of money. To accomplish this, the bonds [government debt to the bankers] must be used as a banking basis. . . . It will not do to allow the greenback, as it is called, to circulate as money any length of time, as we cannot control that.

Hazard Circular of 1862

#17     Oct 22, 2010
  8. Eight

Eight

if somebody is burdened by debt my advice is to default now and avoid the rush... the stimulus taxes are creating a second wave of unemployment, why fight the trend. Use your time and resources to learn to trade... WIN stands for Work Is Nonprofit!!

#18     Oct 22, 2010
  9. #19     Oct 22, 2010
  10. Indeed. Excellent post.

I wish I could teach people how important "money" is. I think it is more powerful than GOD in this world.

You can make anything happen by using money. You can stop anything by using money.

Monetary policy or the flow of money creates an established economic order where we are nothing but puppets.

If you wish to know the truth about anything...........JUST FOLLOW THE MONEY.

#20     Oct 22, 2010