is daytrading back????????????????

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortinterest, Dec 16, 2010.

is day drading back??????????

Poll closed Jan 15, 2011.
  1. YES

16 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. NO

21 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. MAYBE

15 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. DEFINITELY NOT

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. I note many decade long winners posting, but I bet not one of them can post even a 10 cent winner realtime.

I regularly post instant winners on stocktwits with a 90%+ win rate.

#11     Dec 20, 2010
  2. The pnl thread in the journals section is the best answer. Remember, everybody loves to show off their success and be praised, no one likes to be look down upon as a failure and be criticized. If daytrading is back, the Pnl thread should be overflowing with posts, yet........

#12     Dec 20, 2010
  3. And I regularly laugh every time I read your attempts to 'impress' us.

:)

#13     Dec 20, 2010
  4. Bob111

Bob111

#14     Dec 20, 2010
  5. Keep laughing . Are you fishing for the nick? Y'aint getting it, but you can follow the 5,000 posers there and try to get lucky. You remember what lucky is like , right?

#15     Dec 20, 2010
  6. guys, thank you for all your responses and votes thus far...

I know there is a lot of negativity surrounding the phrase "day trading"

Would like to see some more people come out on this (preferably more successful traders and no haters please)

#16     Dec 20, 2010
  7. daytrading went away at the retail brokerage level when the SEC implemenented the patter day trading rule in fall of 2002...small traders could daytrade at the retail accounts in their retirement accounts.

now you need $30,000 or $25,000 just to have the privellege of daytrading and iwth fractions gone with pennies..the easy spread trade was gone and ask and bid don't get filled in illiquid markets. now with HFT frontrunning...retail or even prop traders are have their lunch eaten. by the no risk HFT frontrunners. daytraders at the retail and prop level take all the risk participating and providing the liquidity and these machines take the spread or HFT tax if you are daytrading certain stocks.

most retail brokerage account is way less than $20,000 i' presuming

so daytrading did go away at the retail level for US equities...

as for prop trading and is not retail levell you need to take stipud series 7 estc.. just to daytrade..most retail don't care and cannot pass the series 7...well it's under SEC investigation. series 7 is like one month of and is pretty hard to pass and daytrading is mostly a hobby for most people that was in the market in the late 90's

#17     Dec 20, 2010
  8. good info... So what about those with series 7's? Any lunch for them in intraday trading, or are you saying its a complete waste?

#18     Dec 20, 2010
  9. IT'S BACK!! I'M BACK!! :p

#19     Dec 20, 2010
  10. Bob111

Bob111

good to know! did you bring any money with you? :p

#20     Dec 20, 2010