Is day trading worth it?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Laissez Faire, Jun 18, 2013.

1. cmb

cmb Guest

well one thing u can do is put emg on ignore so his negative posts dont even cross your screen while scrolling or by accident.

I once heard that Tiger Woods had a recording of himself repeating that he was a champion, that he was the best, he would be the winner. and listened to it over and over again.

Practice practice practice, Paper trade for 6 months. Dont expect to make a fortune for at least 1 year after you have started with real money.

In my opinion, this pattern day trade rule hold too many people back. Sign up with a reputable foriegn broker, scalp with 10:1 BP and a 5k deposit. aim for 500 a week in profits. after 3 months, up your size.

If you are worried about the foreign broker...while you are sitting in front of the screen waiting for something to happen...study for the series 56.

It can be done...trust me, you just have to work at it, like everyone who becomes good at something.

#41     Jun 28, 2013
  2. Thanks again for all your replies.

I don't doubt that day trading can be done, but it is extremely challenging and difficult, no one is arguing with that, right?

And although emg has a way to get all you people heated, he does have a point. Not all small traders lose and it's not impossible for a retail trader to be successful, but getting an education and a job for the house is the probably the best route for anyone who wants to be a trader.

It is probably true that most small traders lose, right?

I will focus on my education and see how much time my schedule allows for next year and make a decision based on that, but most likely I will not be day trading again anytime soon. We'll see.

Best regards.

#42     Jun 30, 2013
  3. chimera

chimera

not vvorth it. Can't get your time back.

#43     Jul 8, 2013
  4. Any news? :)

#44     Mar 10, 2014
  5. I thought you are not trading fulltime anymore?

#45     Mar 10, 2014
  6. cornix

cornix

Trade for myself and OPM. Full time or not, it depends, cause indeed I didn't trade for more than 4-5 hours in a row for more than a year already. :)

#46     Mar 11, 2014
  7. fulltime as in you don't trade for a living and primary source of income anymore?

#47     Mar 11, 2014
  8. Until one is profitable day trading : it is not worth it
    When one is consistently profitable day trading : it is well worth it.
    So depends on IF you can trade profitably or not.

#48     Mar 11, 2014
  9. cornix

cornix

It never was my one and only source of income. Since I started it. But it constitutes significant amount without any doubts.

#49     Mar 11, 2014
  10. cornix

cornix

Even if profitable it depends on factors, some of which may lay beyond the purely economical reasons. Every profession, trading included is not suitable for everyone.

I can say there were times when I was pretty tired of trading. There were also times when it was a pure pleasure, so much a pleasure I'd do it not for the money but out of interest and so on. Many variants here.

#50     Mar 11, 2014