Is Day Trading Possible with a full time job. ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Pashaz, Dec 29, 2005.

1. LOL....

i need to learn to use those face things.

Happy New Year.

#41     Dec 31, 2005
  2. happy new year Jack :)

#42     Dec 31, 2005
  3. Cheese

Cheese

Is Day Trading Possible with a full time job?
    It is possible.
    It is unwise.
    You know nothing in principle or in detail about your proposal to trade part time.
    Forget it!
    :)

#43     Dec 31, 2005
  4. Pager

Pager

I tried day trading at work, in my opinion it does not work, try having a phone conversation and being in a trade that’s touch and go !, your boss schedules a meeting when some important data is to be released and you have a position, people come to ask you a question and your mind is on the market and your screen as you have just entered a trade.

Your work and your trading will BOTH suffer, I ended up doing 12-14 hour days, everyday just to get my work done, going home exhausted.

Do one or the other, I position trade now and work 8-10 hours a day, go home happy
    :)

#44     Dec 31, 2005
  5. Pashaz

Pashaz

Yes I admit the fact that, right now, I dont know all the details about DT or Swing Trade. But, I am getting a hang of it, very quickly. My confidence in learning DT or swing trading comes from:
    1) My Resolve
    2) My educational background. Many of the things like economic cycles, Fedreal reserve role, technical ratios of companies and some other stuff (mainly about Fundamental analysis) I already studied in University. I personally feel that I have to combine my previous and new knowledge and apply to this field.
    3) I truly understand the fact that trading while on job can be
    distracting.

When I'll start trading with real money, I have a plan for myself, which goes like this:
    1) I plan to execute only a couple of trades in a day
    2) Wouldn't get greedy on the idea of making more & more
    3) I would want to experiment with Swing Trade (1-4) days,
    which looks less straneous
    4) I'll always keep my limits set, and the point when I will feel
    that DT is interfering with my work, ill give it a pause.
    5) The reason I couldnt forget about it, is the fact that I
    know a perosn in the office who Day trades and to my
    knowledge, successfully.

Right now, I am concentrating on putting the scattered knolwdge pieces together to make the picture more clearer.

#45     Dec 31, 2005
  6. Pashaz

Pashaz

I agree with your view point. Thats the reason, I am using the online simulator software to learn to trade and not jeopardizing my hard earned money. By using the simulator for a while (while on work and at home) and learning along the way, I expect to figure out, how to make DT or Swing Trade work for me in my own situation.

#46     Dec 31, 2005
  7. Think about this....there are 1000's of fulltime traders out there (myself included) whose job it is to be constantly watching and taking advantage of opportunities in the market each and every day. To be able to compete successfully would be incredibly tough considering your attention will always be divided. Swing trading I could understand, it requires less minute to minute attention but daytrading, I am sure you will find, will be much much harder than you think unless you give it 100% of your attention. And even then, its still very hard.

You dont have to take my word for it, I am sure you will see first hand once you get up and running.

Good luck :)

#47     Dec 31, 2005
  8. virshah

virshah

If you want to day trade with your current full time job,only other bet is Forex open round the clock.
    Take a couple of lesson first on day trading especially on T A
    virshah

#48     Jan 1, 2006
  9. yes. get a night job? i've done it for the last two yrs working in a hospital setting.

#49     Jan 1, 2006
  10. Another option is to get up early (2-3 am EST) and trade the first few hours of the European markets. You can trade stocks, FX, fixed income, etc.

Happy New Year,

TRADERguy

#50     Jan 1, 2006