Is day trade options really viable?

Discussion in 'Options' started by 0008, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Talked me into it the first time ...

#21     Jan 17, 2003
  2. QUOTE]Quote from xpstrader:

you don't trade options. be honest. [/QUOTE]

strike 2

#22     Jan 17, 2003
  3. That statement was untrue and uncalled for the first time you made it, and it is still untrue.

I happened to make a miscalculation an hour ago because I was thinking of the number 50 from the remark about 50 cents movement of the underlying. If the option went from $1.00 to $1.50, your profit on 1 contract with $2 IB commission would be $48, and with 10 contracts it would be $480.

Thank you for pointing out my mathematical error, although qdz2 pointed it out first without the snippy attitude.

p.s. I do not care whether anyone thinks I trade options or not. My ego doesn't not depend upon my reputation as a trader. I trade to make money, not to prove myself to people on here.

#23     Jan 17, 2003
  4. Sorry Hi, I must have been in a fast market. Or "oh it was a problem with my auto quote system". Or "the under lying quote problem." Or, "were only good for 20." Sorry no price adjustment it was a market order. You can re- submit your order (of coarse its a buck away). And You know I have a floor official ruling.
    Did I miss any?

#24     Jan 17, 2003
  5. dis

dis

Day trading options makes no sense.

#25     Jan 18, 2003
  6. You missed "I'm some kind of an adolescent snot who has to go around picking fights with total strangers over nothing to make myself feel that I'm cool".

#26     Jan 18, 2003
  7. qdz2

qdz2

Bad sleep night after night, I have to agree with you. It may be really not worth to most people. It is a pathetic kind of markets full of craps.

:p

#27     Jan 18, 2003