Is Cramer Just a Moron, his calls on INTC

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mahram, Jul 19, 2005.

1. You're kidding me, right. In order to bring the buyers he needed to make a compelling case for buying the stock. At this point, even great results are priced in, IMO. Time will tell!

#11     Jul 19, 2005
  2. Even his best friends and own employees say cramer makes some good calls, but lately he has been having a string of bad calls. Come on Yahoo down 4 bucks, and could be down 6-7 tommorow and now he is saying hold on till the end of the year to see if it recovers. He said it was a trade now its an investment, hes breaking his own rules. this guy needs his wife or at least another guy to give a reality check to him

#12     Jul 19, 2005
  3. Yeah. Shut your TV off.

#13     Jul 19, 2005
  4. freakin cramer made me lose 2 cents of CAT. i shorted it pre-market at $52.48 and stopped it against the $52.50 fig. i was like, there is no way it is going through that fig size and there is no way CAT is going to open up $1.70, and if it does it will come straight back to earth. well CAT opened just about there and he blasted right through that $52.50 fig size.

the power of cramer is unreal!

#14     Jul 19, 2005
  5. The power of Cramer just like the momo days of yore when he spoke and people listened. What is funny is if you read his book it made is sound like he only did really well because at that time there was not full disclosure so he had an edge getting news before the public and all the other games that went on then. As soon as the new rules were instituted about full disclosure of news that had to be given to the public at the same time that everyone else got it then he got out of the game.

#15     Jul 19, 2005
  6. No Im not kidding, a lot of the reasons he states for random stocks are either false or interpreted wrongly by him. Any "real" buyers that may actually listen to Cramer do not do any DD cause otherwise they would have checked out Cramer record, particularly his calls & reasoning during late 2000-2002 Naz meltdown. So just how "real" are these buyers?
    Is it really just some small time wanna be investors that watch his show religiously and JC day traders that create the momo? Thats what I think and I bet it was a serious short squeeze right before CAT really takes the turn.

#16     Jul 20, 2005
  7. He projected good earnings and tied improved guidance to oil sector demand for their specialized machines. Then recommended to buy before the earnings. I was watching his TV 'outburst', that same time CAT started a rally in AH. The guy has viewers!

#17     Jul 20, 2005
  8. Choad

Choad

I admit he can be entertaining, but his viewer numbers will drop just as soon as we have an extended market downturn.

Even the best market tactition and stock picker (and Cramer sure as hell isn't the best!) is only a little better than random and struggles to beat the indices. As pick after pick of Cramer's drops with the market and "thesis" after "thesis" fails, it will be harder and harder to find enough dumbasses to call in and ask stupid questions about the same stocks, over and over.

Cramer used to make money at his hedge fund with good traders, broker calls, and sliding rumors to the clueless Faber and Maria. As an "investor" he is demonstratably average or worse.

#18     Jul 20, 2005
  9. I dont think anyone here is taking his calls. They just want to prove that because they scalp ie have no opinions (ie never have to make a call) that they are always right where he (a hedge fund manager) is wrong. it comes down to knocking someone to feel good about yourself.

#19     Jul 20, 2005
  10. LOOK at his goog and affx calls , goog down 30, and affx down 10 points, man he is having a "98 year"

#20     Jul 21, 2005