Is corn going to tank when it opens

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by lasner, Sep 2, 2008.

1. lasner

lasner

Does corn follow gold at all. I sold a naked put option in corn.

Corn opens in an hour and was wondering if it's going to tank because gold is tanking....

2. corn will likely follow the other commodities lower...as far as the grains go....KC wheat has been the leader lower, with corn in the middle and beans holding up the best.....

pre-market showing corn right around 560....this is minor support...could chop around.....ultimately will follow other commodities though

3. gnome

gnome

CRB is down, so likely most commodities will be down today.

4. isn't that a bullish move?...are you not concerned?...if Corn tanks?how did you trade corn options while corn futures market is closed?

5. Corn Options Trading Hours:
    Electronic: 6:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. Central Time, Sun.-Fri.
    Open Auction: 9:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. Central Time, Mon-Fri.

HOW DID YOU EXECUTE THAT TRADE AT 8:30AM cst??????

6. Corn has decoupled from the energy/commodity trade somewhat. Weather and yields is the cue here.

Large band of rain across the midwest combining with gustav remnant may bring some relief. Yields are in the balance in corn and beans the next week here.

7. lasner

lasner

I placed the trade on friday

8. lasner

lasner

If the market goes lower the put option will increase....I sold the put I didn't buy it

9. be very wary in the corn market, the possibility for an early frost looms large! thew corn is 30 days behind making it very very vulnerable

10. Pachoo

Pachoo

If you sold the put, that means you want corn prices to go up, not down.

#10     Sep 3, 2008