Is CNBC delayed by a couple seconds?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rc5781, Dec 11, 2007.

1. rc5781

rc5781

I know they're "live" but isn't all television, even live television delayed a little?

Does interactive brokers news, report the fed decision more quickly if at all?

2. rc5781

rc5781

Ok, but on top of that the actual broadcast is also delayed as well isn't it? something to do with the Janet Jackson half time thingy?

What I'm really trying to get at is, what is the fastest way to get big news on the markets? dow jones newswire? is this faster than cnbc?

3. If you have the dish or digital cable it's delayed. In the case of digital cable you can discconect the box and go straight to the TV and that will speed it up.

IN any case CNBC is probably going to be way behind anyways.

Try one of the non traditional news services like Briefing vs. Dow Jones. Too much clutter.

I hope that helps.

4. GTS

GTS

I believe you are referring to the delay that DVR devices (e.g. Tivo) add as part of their process of buffering live video to disk. Digital cable itself does not add any delay.

5. As far as CNBC, there is a normal satellite transmission time, i.e. up (from the content provider) and down to your cable or other land based provider.

If you have DirecTV, Dish or other satellite feed, the signal once more has to go up and then back down to to get to your dish, adding a more delay.

If there was a hard wired service, for example, you were located near to the CNBC feed origination, perhaps your local provider's system would get the signal via land based wire and to you without the otherwise necessary satellite delay.

6. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

If you have Time Warner Cable, CNBC is delayed by 7 seconds. They delay EVERYTHING by 7 seconds for censorship reasons.

I can be listening to an internet chatroom with CNBC playing and hear it running about 6 seconds faster than what's on my standard cable TV.

7. rc5781

rc5781

ahh, that's what i thought...

what chat rooms do you go to?

8. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

For that, I goto the MindOverMarket room on Paltalk.

9. rc5781

rc5781

Looks like it's a "locked" room, is it invite only or do you pay?

10. bgp

bgp

mentally delayed ?

bgp

#10     Dec 11, 2007