is christianity really any different than islam?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Aug 26, 2012.

1. christians are fond of claiming that islam is evil because its a violent religion. if you insult their religion they will kill you. christianity is different. maybe not:

American Atheists caused a bit of a stir by putting up billboards criticizing religion up in Charlotte, NC, where the DNC convention is going to be held.

But there is good news for hateful bigots who use their religion to bludgeon other people with fear and loathing: all of the death threats and hate speech have worked. Out of fear for safety, the billboard company and the American Atheists have both agreed that the billboards need to be taken down immediately.

These Christian assholes who claim moral superiority to the rest of the world and especially to atheists get so upset when someone questions their religious beliefs in public that they freak out and threaten to kill them. Are you ready for the best part? This is what the billboard said:
    Christianity: Sadistic God, Useless Savior… Promotes hate, calls it love

http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymiller/2012/08/24
    /death-threats-and-other-signs-of-christian-love/

2. dunno but Obama loves invoking God everytime he speaks though

3. As do all Presidents, I think. I think Obama does try a little harder to prove his Christian faith, just to dispel those stupid Muslim rumors.

But, IMO, there really isn't much difference between the major Religions. We can all beat our chests and say ours is better, or theirs is worse, but when we boil it all down, pretty much the same teachings.

4. More religious people have been killed by atheists in the last 100 years than by religious people in the last 5000 years. If Atheists ever came to power in this country, they would kill all the Christians, I have no doubt about that.

5. There are 240 million people who self-identify as Christian in this country. Of those 240 million, how many made death threats?

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I learned everything I need to know about Islam on 911.

7. RoninW

RoninW

You mean you figured out that it is a inside job?

Well done

8. When they start chopping off heads...
    KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Insurgents beheaded 17 civilians in a Taliban-controlled area of southern Afghanistan, apparently because they attended a dance party that flouted the extreme brand of Islam embraced by the militants, officials said Monday.

The killings, in a district where U.S. Marines have battled the Taliban for years, were a reminder of how much power the insurgent group still wields in the south — particularly as international forces draw down and hand areas over to Afghan forces.

The victims were part of a large group that had gathered late Sunday in Helmand province's Musa Qala district for a celebration involving music and dancing, said district government chief Neyamatullah Khan. He said the Taliban slaughtered them to show their disapproval of the event.

All of the bodies were decapitated but it was not clear if they had been shot first, said provincial government spokesman Daoud Ahmadi.

9. Why would the Atheist's want to put up a billboard that says this?

Is it because they might be retarded?

10. jcl

jcl

Both religions are comparable when you look at the kill rate. Although Christianity has killed many more than Islam - f.i. the Conquista reduced the heathen indigenous population by about 200 million, directly as well as through slavery and starvation - they also had more time and opportunity.

Today however, there is no doubt that Islam is more violent than Christianity. This is because Christianity was meanwhile tamed by Enlightenment and secular legislature, but Islam is still in its Middle Ages. We need more atheists in Islamic countries.

#10     Aug 27, 2012