Is China a bubble?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by a529612, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Tums

Tums

so did Enron, Worldcom, Global Crossing... the list goes on. (this is only a statistic. I am not condoning their conduct.)

but honestly, how many of you bought MSFT or AAPL because you have READ, analysed, and concurred with the annual report? Most of us only buy/sell on technical signals.

USA market is more transparent than the Chinese market... but bear in mind, transparency is a relative word.

China is learning. Their securities commission is independent, and is trying its best to learn-on-the-job, and to catch up to the Western standard of fair and open financial market.

#11     Jul 24, 2006
  2. A dictated government has advantage of faster pace of processing policy. Premise is that the policy is going the right direction... :D

So far so good, for what Chinese government is doing... isn't it?

#12     Jul 28, 2006
  3. What an INSIGHT!! This is what investor vision is... :)

#13     Jul 28, 2006
  4. A friend bought a condo in Bejing subu for RMB 600000 (=$95000).

" 90% the food is not healthy and prepared by ill people "? Are you on the moon, or in Bejing?

#14     Jul 28, 2006
  5. US has been borrrowing from China, no the other way around.

#15     Jul 28, 2006
  6. Chagi

Chagi

I think that the single thing most likely to hurt China economically would be the slowing of US consumer spending. That in turn could lead to downturn in commodity prices.

#16     Jul 29, 2006
  7. alexm

alexm

I don't think we're even near to bubble status on China. This is just a company that is growing at a smoldering rate. Maybe in 10 yrs we can start talking about bubble but this is just the beginning (ie we're in the early 90s, wait until late 90s)

#17     Jul 29, 2006
  8. newfool

newfool

...and for me to think it's what I use to have my dinners on. Silly me.

#18     Jul 29, 2006
  9. #19     Jul 30, 2006
  10. looks like a political message.

#20     Jul 30, 2006