is Cathie Wood’s fund in trouble?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by gunner_trader, Jan 2, 2022.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

Classy post.

#71     Jan 26, 2022
  2. RedSun

RedSun

C Wood says "Innovation is on sale!!"

Time to buy. But I'm out of cash. I need to borrow some cash from Billy Hwang. For some reason I can't find Hwang's speed dial button. I can't see through my thick glasses....

#72     Jan 28, 2022
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

Can't Elon work his pump and dump tweeeter for ARKK. Fire up a bowl and get to work.

#73     Jan 28, 2022
  4. ipatent

ipatent

5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Of course on big down day ARKK isn't going to fare very well but while major indices are -2% or so, ARKK is tripled that -6.52%

#75     Feb 17, 2022
  6. This has definitely been a bad year for ARKK. And by 'bad' that's pretty much an understatement.

However, if you were an early bird and got in back in 2017, you are still up (for now) if you discount inflation, hehe. Let's see how much worse it gets when interest rates crank up.

In 10 years, maybe some of those holdings like HOOD will finally turn a profit. :p

#76     Feb 17, 2022
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

And some who bought AMZN, AAPL etc on their IPO debut are still up (and then some). Check ARKK's volume early years - like any highflyer big name hedge fund most of the big money chases the returns after word gets out.

#77     Feb 17, 2022
  8. She was buying ZM at a 60+ P:S Ratio. The average for the S&P is like 3. It would have to grow at 25%/year for the next 10 years just to get to that level (basically the rate that Amazon grew).

#78     Feb 17, 2022
  9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    #79     Feb 17, 2022
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

Gets some sleep Jim.

#80     Feb 18, 2022