is Cathie Wood’s fund in trouble?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by gunner_trader, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

You wouldn't even be mentioning her unless she'd been super successful in prior years. There are a ton of themed etfs that do badly every year. The utility of them is you can trade these areas easily once the correction/collapse of lower tier IT is over, without taking on the single stock risk which is even bigger. Nobodies complaining when they go up a ton.

#31     Jan 8, 2022
    apdxyk likes this.
  2. She was very successful during a raging bull market from buying highly speculative, high beta names. Thats no longer working for her. Many of these so called wall street stars end up the same way. They wind up closing down their fund because they want to spend more time with their family. Thats code for “ everyone wants their money back”.

#32     Jan 9, 2022
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  3. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

I guess the vast majority of participants on ARKK are long term investors HODLing though, so it's fair that some fire goes that way. But for a trader, certainly no need to get worked up about it. I find the rhetoric aiming at the fact she is a woman more concerning, personally. Male fund managers do what she does all the time and get away with it, standards are set higher for her (fortunately by people she could care less about).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    #33     Jan 9, 2022
  4. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

It's rare that anyone has something good to say about a woman on here other then based on pure looks or some poorly disguised political messaging. I can only guess that some of these posters have a lack of positive female role models in their life.

#34     Jan 9, 2022
    apdxyk likes this.
  5. Millionaire

Millionaire

Can you tell me the names of the male fund managers who spout her kind of bull shit on TV, on the regular.

I would like to watch them as well.
    I mean real fund managers with billions under management, not guys like Cramer.

#35     Jan 9, 2022
    SunTrader likes this.
  6. RedSun

RedSun

Cathie Wood is going to implode. A lot of the monkeys under her tree will flee. Her video pumping will fail to support the stock prices.

ARKK is not a closed end fund. It is an ETF. Some shareholder can redeem for cash, at NAV? Then Cathie has to sell her winners (any) like TSLA. She does not want to sell her losers like Robinhood. And she does not even get cash to buy dips now.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    #36     Jan 10, 2022
  7. RedSun

RedSun

Now look at ARKK NAV. It is $108.84 vs close price of $85.58. That is 21% discount off the NAV. Something is terribly wrong here. Either ARKK's NAV valuation is completely off, or market is heavily against ARK.

Some hedge fund can accumulate MM shares of ARKK. Then demand to redeem cash by selling ARKK back to ARK. Then the fund can pocket this 21% gain.

#37     Jan 10, 2022
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

See Bill Ackman, of a few years back, as far as how The Street treats arrogance.

IMO male/female got nothing to do with it.

#38     Jan 10, 2022
  9. xandman

xandman

You have the wrong NAV. Equity ETF NAVs are computed daily.

upload_2022-1-10_8-21-54.png

#39     Jan 10, 2022
  10. RedSun

RedSun

Maybe. I'm just looking at Yahoo finance. I think Yahoo is way off...

#40     Jan 10, 2022