Is Cable internet buffered?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Beast84, Jun 26, 2007.

1. the verizon guy said it was more reliable then cable and it didn't hop so many times, he said 20 was way too many hops

I quess i'll find out

Thanks for the help

#41     Jun 27, 2007
    #42     Jun 27, 2007
  3. thanks for all the help

#43     Jun 27, 2007
  4. I wouldn't mind if it was alittle slow but its 10seconds or more, today was almost 30 seconds on a market order for 1 contract and the same on a limit to get out and limit was below the market, thank GOD it was in my favor both ways but it hasn't always been and it just disappears, i'm not sure if the order is on or not

i'm thinking its comcast and they won't admit it

#44     Jun 27, 2007
  5. hey

thanks for all the help

i'm going to run the dsl and cable at the same time so i'll post when i get some results

also the cable guy was going to look into something today but I never heard back

#45     Jun 27, 2007
  6. heres another question the guy from global said the java version runs better on 1.4.2 03 iam running the 5 0 version

is the 1.4.2 03 secure, its pretty old, I don't have to run the java but he said the java was faster

I want to know before I change from 5 to 1,4.2

#46     Jun 27, 2007
  7. heres something I found out today

you can go to run in your start menu

enter cmd

when the black box comes up

enter pathping (space) and then the ipo address or web site address and it gives you the same info as pingplotter without the download

example: pathping 66.150.100.86

you have to be sure to make pathping one word and a space after it

still having troubles with the 68.86.90.37 address between newyork and plainsfield nj

guy told me it might be a college that has big servers that service providers use, said they usually don't have a name connected to the address

#47     Jul 2, 2007
  8. well after a run around with verizon about the modem I ended up getting 2 modems and a discount on it from 90 to 49.00

just hooked it up and i'm running it against comcast and so far its running pretty fast I'll find out if my account works better now

#48     Jul 11, 2007