Is buying options a mugs game?

Discussion in 'Options' started by Pkay, May 5, 2019.

1. Pkay

Pkay

Whose looking for a free lunch here? I think most people realise that is hard work but are here to try and learn and understand how some markets work. Do you trade options? If so, really interested to understand your take on buying options (vs selling).

#11     May 5, 2019
  2. Pkay

Pkay

Thanks, how about with individuals stocks? Outside of the very large companies, how easy is it to assess liquidity? Thanks.

#12     May 5, 2019
  3. dozu888

dozu888

not free lunch in the sense of 'free of effort'; but in the sense of somehow there is intrinsic inefficiency in the buy side or the sell side, which was OP's question.... so if you expand along that line of thinking, most of the ET threads are looking for free lunches, as if they can discover something 'sitting' there, something that others have not found yet.

what I am saying is that trading is not about finding something 'sitting there'.... it's about unfolding stories.... if I can only have 1 wish, that would be a fly on the wall when my pro boys decide their campaign to lift up the market and when they decide to knock it down... but alas such invitation I do not get, so the only way to figure that out is thru observing, with details I have laid out in my many posts.

#13     May 5, 2019
    Adam777, smallfil and Pkay like this.
  4. Pkay

Pkay

Thanks I'll check out your posts, I've got plenty to learn.

#14     May 5, 2019
  5. qlai

qlai

How come most of your "pro boys" are underperforming indices? Which group is consistently on the right side of every move? Sounds like you are preaching your version of some free lunch. Most people on ET are trying to find a way to grow a very small account into something meaningful to them.

#15     May 5, 2019
    .sigma, GRULSTMRNN and Pkay like this.
  6. srinir

srinir

I will save you some time. He is clueless

#16     May 5, 2019
  7. dozu888

dozu888

no.. my pro boys ain't them hedge fund monkeys... my guys play it in a much bigger scale.

#17     May 5, 2019
  8. dozu888

dozu888

well... your loss lol

#18     May 5, 2019
  9. dozu888

dozu888

why 'very small account' lol... hottest job market, go out there and find a real job.

#19     May 5, 2019
  10. Pkay

Pkay

You've got it. Most people here are retail traders trying to learn. We're not trying to be the next hedge fund manager, we just want to learn how to manage our own investments.

#20     May 5, 2019