Is Bush risking his presidency on Iraq?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jbtrader23, Jul 22, 2002.

1. that's phatty. he gets to go on vacation and control a war from the privacy of his own ranch. lucky f^ck. seriously, how cool would that be? it'd be like playing a video game. i bet he drinks beers the whole time. i know i would.

as for the third world people and their sh!tty leaders thing, i agree. however, some dictators are very good at fooling/controlling their people, so good that roughly half of the population of the world, i bet, probably can't even vote. i'm not saying that the third world countries are third world because they're full of retards. i was just saying that they kinda suck structurally and financially, so it makes it tough for us to hit "valuable" targets when there aren't many. kinda like a boxer fighting a homeless guy that won't give up. sure, he won the fight, but he won it before it even started. plus consider the fact that for them, "losing" means basically everything gets flattened; for us, "losing" means them being able to detonate just ONE nuke or biological weapon...that's a big handicap.

#21     Jul 23, 2002
  2. BUNGRIDER FOR GOD!!!

#22     Jul 23, 2002
  3. Bush won't go to war before the november elections. The Dems all ready smell blood with the Harken/Haliberton/Harvey Pitt is a stooge fiasco.

I still think Bush is way too optimistic about this. Look what this latest market dive is going to do to consumer confidence, spending, GDP in the coming months. If we enter a double dip recession by the end of the year, is anyone going to support a "war" that will only enlarge the federal defecit, possibly driving up interest rates, further angering our oil buddies in the middle east, etc. People worry alot more about their jobs than whether Saddam poses a remote threat to us.

Speaking of threat, if Saddam is such a risk to us on US soil, why haven't his WMD been used? Because he knows those weapons could be traced back to him and Iraq would become a wasteland for the next few thousand years if he dared use them. He's concerned about staying in power (what Dictator isn't). He's not a suicide bomber. He poses a bigger threat to Israel than to us. But that's Israel's problem.

#23     Jul 23, 2002
  4. Cesko

Cesko

Let's just hope the democrats put up somebody who is not controversial, and the problem will be solved.

I don't know if I ever read dumber statement than this one on this board.

#24     Jul 24, 2002
  5. Just thinking back to reagan...I'd think back to carter, too, but i'm not old enough...:D

#25     Jul 24, 2002
  6. rs7

rs7

Is this a serious question/statement? If so, then I guess you don't know the rules. No one knows those locations. The kids on the ships can call home and send e-mails, but they can't ever say where they are. Except when they are in port.

#26     Jul 24, 2002
  7. skerbitz

skerbitz

'Just thinking back to reagan...I'd think back to carter, too, but i'm not old enough... '

I am ... I met him twice in the White House (no shit) in '77 and '78. Boy you should see how much those guys age in one year.

BTW : Bung : if my ass is your ass, then whose ass is yours ??? :)

#27     Jul 24, 2002
  8. rs7

rs7

Quick quiz...
    There is only one country in the Middle East in which arab women have the right to vote. Name that country...

#28     Jul 24, 2002
  9. (T.L.O.M.A.H.)

#29     Jul 24, 2002
  10. rs7

rs7

Yeah, well I knew YOU would know:)

#30     Jul 24, 2002