Is Bush risking his presidency on Iraq?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jbtrader23, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Babak

Babak

kicking can you post an excerpt of that article? (people need to register to see it)

#11     Jul 22, 2002
  2. Not only that, US could take out most countries in the world at the same time.. Iraq posing a difficulty! What a joke! Don't people realise just how far ahead of the pack the American military machine is!

Whether or not taking out Iraq is worth it politically (I think it is), getting rid of Saddam would be one hell of a humanitarian mission. Iraq loses a raving lunatic dictator, the sanctions finally get lifted and the world can sleep a little easier. WIN-WIN-WIN

#12     Jul 22, 2002
  3. ROFL!!!!!

That's a classic. Thanks for the laugh!!!!

#13     Jul 22, 2002
  4. Can't find anything showing location of our carrier battle groups.

#14     Jul 22, 2002
  5. very true, but to take out an entire country no doubt would require nuclear strikes. personally i think the effort wasted on going to war with an entire country (it's not like we ever fight civilized countries, either - granted, the germans and japanese were far more deadly and ruthless opponents than the cave dwellers we're at war with now, but at least they had some element of dignity and surrendered when the game was up!) is clearly problematic, since the countries we go to war with totally suck, although some do have oil. like when Italy attacked Ethiopia in WWII - what's the point???

CAN'T WE GO TO WAR WITH SOME CIVILIZED NATION THAT WILL ACTUALLY SURRENDER WHEN THEY LOSE AND STOP HIDING LIKE COMPLETE PANSIES???

jeez...just had to vent my mind...

anyway, when we began "war" with afghanistan, if you even call us bombing the sh%t out of them "war," we were under the impression that we could hit some predefined targets and be done with it. NOW they're saying that it's gonna be like 2 years.

i don't know about you, but i'd expect that military intelligence, with all its computers, satellites, and sensors, would be able to tell between a 2month and 2year war. i think we're being lied to by Uncle Sam here...General Dynamics just announced record earnings. could that be coincidental??? dya THINK?

it's like we only get into "war" with rinky-dink countries - and there's no way to tell when you win because the country we're fighting is such a piece of crap anyway. how can you tell the difference between "before" and "after"????

if we could actually get rid of saddam - which is highly doubtful unless you can find some family member to turn against him - also highly doubtful since he tends to kill even innocent family members when he gets nervous - are we going to go around getting rid of everyone who kills innocent people?? the chinese govt, too?? the older george bush (gruesome stories about him from the CIA days)??? where do you draw the line??

it's like the missle east has become our guernica...

#15     Jul 22, 2002
  6. If Marilyn Quayle made the dish for the dubya to take to the MENSA picnic would it be POTATOE SALAD???? :D

Later,

Cracked

#16     Jul 22, 2002
  7. Rigel

Rigel

Hey, that's clever. Where'd you come up with that one?
    All I can do when I heer those stoopid republicans is just shake my head with amaisment and walk away.
    Later man,
    Stay cool.:p

#17     Jul 22, 2002
  8. You have been voted the most brilliant person on the nboard and I believe your insight is so on point I can finally put my feelings to rest.

Any stock tips?

#18     Jul 23, 2002
  9. skerbitz

skerbitz

I see Bush gunning for Iraq no later than October 1 ... French Intelligence think the most likely timing is during Bush's August vacation at the ranch.

I think he'll wait till September ... first because it will dovetail nicely with the 911 'celebrations' and second because he needs a nice war to take the sheeple's mind off their economic problems ahead of the congressional elections in November.

Another data point ... The India-Pak thing is by no means over ... the Indians are just waiting for the monsoons to finish ... also ending in September.

I will go out on a limb here and predict a double feature before October 1 :

Stadium 1 : India vs. Pak (short and nuclear)
    Stadium 2 : USA vs. Saddam (lots of unpredictable ripple effects)

Can you say VOLATILITY ???

(I knew you could ...)

#19     Jul 23, 2002
  10. skrilla

skrilla

The phrase civilized nation has been thrown around in more than one post. To be clear we never go to war with a nation. We go to war with the "officials" who have made it their mission to exploit the people and resources of their country for their personal benefit. Millions of Iraqis are living in conditions we would find unacceptable by every measure. We are going to war with evil men & their regime. I find it extremely condescending to see so many call other people uncivilized because they don't live on American soil or they don't have access to CNBC, can't drink their own water, or don't have a choice of steak or chicken. How do you think they got in that position. The exploitation of their often unelected leader! Being from a nation many would consider "3rd World" makes me obviously more sensitive to this issue. I wish that people were more honest in the assessment of this situation. Innocent people (American & Iraqi) will die for the benefit of the few (Bush or Sadaam). Stop being naive.

#20     Jul 23, 2002