Is Bush really the worst President ever - Economically the answer is YES

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Joab, Feb 25, 2008.

Bush is the worst

1. Yes

117 vote(s)
    57.4%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. I gave up caring

43 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. Since congress creates the budget, how many of those recessions were under a democratic congress?

#51     Feb 27, 2008
  2. When Carter took office inflation had wound down under Ford following the wage and price controls. It was around 5%. Under Carter it roughly tripled over the course of the next 4 years. Then there was the interest rates over 20%. LOL. Yeah, he "inherited" it. LOL.

Again, if you don't like Bush's Iraq record, that would not be considered "economic policy". Under Bush both CPI and interest rates relatively tame. Good growth in the economy. So the economic portion of Bush's record is clearly not the worst around.

OldTrader

#52     Feb 27, 2008
  3. Humpy

Humpy

Can you Americans force a "vote of confidence" in Congress and get rid of a F*CKING useless President ???

Time to amend the Constitution if you can't.

What if the Pres goes crazy ?

Probably is anyway !

#53     Feb 27, 2008
  4. SteveD

SteveD

History will judge Bush pretty high up....

8 years of low interest rates...

low unemployment....

created millions of new jobs...

huge increase in home ownership....

Now, some of you peabrains don't realize that only 1% of mortgages are in default....subprime has a lot more...

Reality: Congress use to bash lenders for "red lining" a neighborhood and not making loans to low income people...now exotic mortgages come along and those people get a loan....no surprise they are having trouble....

Popping the housing bubble is good....brings homes in certain area back in line with median income of area....

Great mystery: Why Bill Clinton called "first black President"..he never appointed any black to anything, other than Vernon Jordan to help him with Monica, LOL...now he is really pissed off because that "boy" has gotten off the planation...acting uppity...LOL

Bush has appointed two black Sec of State!!!!

Bush appointed two conservative Supremes....

Most, if not all, major legislation has gotten through....

Most court cases have been upheld by Supremes...

Congress approval ratings well below Bush....Reid and Pelosi are fools.....best thing to happen to Republicans was losing control of House/Senate.....two years of Dems in charge shows complete chaos....

Sad fact is Liberals cannot win the argument....have to make someone the bad guy....vote for a Liberal and I will save you from the bad guy.....

And, Bush finally confronted the major problem of the world today, Islamic jihadist, bent on destroying the world...

But, the Dems have never had a better idea about anything....

Not one specific idea has come from Clinton or Obama...

SteveD

#54     Feb 28, 2008
  5. SteveD That post sounds like republican sound bites (read mis-information).
    Congress was lost because of Bush and people following blindly and the presidency will probably be lost because of Bush also. The same selective use of statistics and facts would make Clinton look like the best president ever.
    By the way I've read a lot of your trading posts and find them informative and useful.

#55     Feb 28, 2008

6. I'm not sure what you're smoking, but I suggest you lay off the crack pipe for a minute.

The average american is making less in real dollars than when bush was first appointed.

The average american is paying more for his daily necessities now than when bush was appointed.

Bush is great if you're making 100 million a year ( which you ain't), because then your next 10 generations get to smooch off your estate without doing anything constructive ( the idle and useless rich ).

Bush is great if you're a psycho who thinks he's on a messianic mission and the world is 6000 years old.

However, if you're a normal average working class american, bush has turned the whole lot of you into indentured servitude.

Your next 10 generations will be living a sub-standard life paying off for the wealth Bush has effectively transferred from the working class to his wealthy supporters.

I'm beginning to understand why you guys hate Obama. Last I read, unlike the other candidates, 90% of Obama's campaign donations are below $50 each. It's the average guy paying over the internet. You're scared that the average guy might actually get a break for a change. Things will "not be as usual", and that must frighten the lot of you.

#56     Feb 28, 2008
  7. From an Aussie's perspective, it doesn't matter who the president, they all appear to be puppets.:D

#57     Feb 28, 2008

8. looking at that chart, it almost seems the Republicans can't wait to bankrupt the nation as soon as they get into office. Where did the mantra that "republicans are for small govt." come from? You gotta love the american propaganda machine.

#58     Feb 28, 2008
  9. they did everything in their power to avoid a formal investigation of 911, and when that didn't work, they did everything in their power to avoid objective interaction with the commission.

some day i think the mainstream will realize the implications of this apparent subtlety. 911 premised most of the grievances discussed here

#59     Feb 28, 2008
  10. Humpy

Humpy

Its threads like this one which is really beginning to show a bit of political muscle. Not just in the USA either but even into the unlikely corners of the world. People are actually expressing something near their own opinions. Not just "support us " half truthes, from newspapers and TV.
    The 2 main political parties in the USA have been driven by MONEY and small interest groups for decades. They will both applaud the internet while there is support there for them but may attempt to deride or even close it down if it gets too boisterous in its hostile opinions.

It is imho a very good thing that people have opinions about their politicians and what they have done, do and will do. Less likely to elect the dummies set up for their approval.

#60     Feb 28, 2008